Detect & Repair

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVBpZQ==?=

Detect & Repair
againI am getting error that C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll could not be
installed or loaded(in Outlook, etc.). To resolve it says go to Detect and
Repair on the Help menu. I guess I can't find the correct Help Menu? I did a
search for this file on C: drive & Vista CD and it's not there. Maybe it's in
a cab file? How do you search in a compressed cab file? I will try the
command: SFC /SCANNOW as done in XP.

-
DavePieNaples

Re: Detect & Repair
Detect And Repair is on Office's program's Help menus. So if it is an
Outlook file then look on Outlook's Help menu..
"DavePie" <DavePie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> againI am getting error that C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll could not be
> installed or loaded(in Outlook, etc.). To resolve it says go to Detect and
> Repair on the Help menu. I guess I can't find the correct Help Menu? I did
> search for this file on C: drive & Vista CD and it's not there. Maybe it's
> in
> a cab file? How do you search in a compressed cab file? I will try the
> command: SFC /SCANNOW as done in XP.
>
> -
> DavePieNaples

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Detect & Repair
What version of (Outlook, etc.) are you using?

Please be more specific.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"DavePie" <DavePie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> againI am getting error that C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll could not be
> installed or loaded(in Outlook, etc.). To resolve it says go to Detect and
> Repair on the Help menu. I guess I can't find the correct Help Menu? I did
> search for this file on C: drive & Vista CD and it's not there. Maybe it's
> in
> a cab file? How do you search in a compressed cab file? I will try the
> command: SFC /SCANNOW as done in XP.
>
> -
> DavePieNaples

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVBpZQ==?=

Re: Detect & Repair
I tried fix/repair in Outlook. Asked for office Prof CD. I inserted then had
to reboot. I went to Google and found out you get this fxsext32.dll error
when you try to send mail in Outlook. fx is a Faxing Tool but faxing is not
in Vista so I guess Vista and Outlook won't work together? I am running sfc
/scannow but I'm sure that can't fix anything.
--
DavePieNaples

"." wrote:

> Detect And Repair is on Office's program's Help menus. So if it is an
> Outlook file then look on Outlook's Help menu..
> "DavePie" <DavePie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > againI am getting error that C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll could not be
> > installed or loaded(in Outlook, etc.). To resolve it says go to Detect and
> > Repair on the Help menu. I guess I can't find the correct Help Menu? I did
> > search for this file on C: drive & Vista CD and it's not there. Maybe it's
> > in
> > a cab file? How do you search in a compressed cab file? I will try the
> > command: SFC /SCANNOW as done in XP.
> >
> > -
> > DavePieNaples

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVBpZQ==?=

Fix & Repair
I haave XP Professional 2002. I have a new problem. When Vista boots it says
wait while windows configs MS Office XP Prof. It says insert CD and is
looking for PRORET.MSI which is not on cd.
--
DavePieNaples

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> What version of (Outlook, etc.) are you using?
>
> Please be more specific.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "DavePie" <DavePie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > againI am getting error that C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll could not be
> > installed or loaded(in Outlook, etc.). To resolve it says go to Detect and
> > Repair on the Help menu. I guess I can't find the correct Help Menu? I did
> > search for this file on C: drive & Vista CD and it's not there. Maybe it's
> > in
> > a cab file? How do you search in a compressed cab file? I will try the
> > command: SFC /SCANNOW as done in XP.
> >
> > -
> > DavePieNaples

=?Utf-8?B?cGFpcHBhbGFkYQ==?=

RE: Fix & Repair
I have been having the same problem with fxsext32.dll. I have run repair
several times and the issue returns, periodically. I installed only office
2003 on this new computer. That being said, since this computer was floor
model and had software that the retailer ahd put on it, it is possible that
they had winFax or some such on it.

So i guess teh question which has not been answer is what is the permanent
fix for this issue?

Thanks

"DavePie" wrote:

> I haave XP Professional 2002. I have a new problem. When Vista boots it says
> wait while windows configs MS Office XP Prof. It says insert CD and is
> looking for PRORET.MSI which is not on cd.
> --
> DavePieNaples
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
> > What version of (Outlook, etc.) are you using?
> >
> > Please be more specific.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "DavePie" <DavePie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > againI am getting error that C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll could not be
> > > installed or loaded(in Outlook, etc.). To resolve it says go to Detect and
> > > Repair on the Help menu. I guess I can't find the correct Help Menu? I did
> > > search for this file on C: drive & Vista CD and it's not there. Maybe it's
> > > in
> > > a cab file? How do you search in a compressed cab file? I will try the
> > > command: SFC /SCANNOW as done in XP.
> > >
> > > -
> > > DavePieNaples

sefraser