Faster Access to Flip 3D

Phoenixjn

Faster Access to Flip 3D
Flip 3D is a neat little tool, and useful, but I find that it's often too
hard to get to because what it's designed for is super fast entry into a
different window. I realize there's a quick launch icon for it on the
desktop, but I often don't want to visually break away from what I'm doing to
hunt for it and click. And if I'm going to bring my mouse down there to click
on it, why wouldn't I just click on the window I want to open, rather than
going through F3D?

I realize there's also a couple of keyboard shortcuts, but the windows key +
tab is a little awkward, and by the time I hit it and flip through the
windows, I could also have clicked on the window in the task bar.

What I'd like to do is map F3D to one of the keys on my Elite wireless
keyboard, or map it to the wheel button on the wireless mouse.

Also, I'd like to say I appreciate the suggestion tool for Microsoft. In the
past, it seemed as though Microsoft developed its software in a vacuum and
there was no real way to express an opinion. But listening to the people who
use your software in their every day lives has to be one of the most valuable
things a company can do. If you create a feature everyone hates, you need to
hear about it and implement a fix.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management
dean-dean

Re: Faster Access to Flip 3D
If you can set your wheel to a certain program in Mouse Porperties in
Control Panel, use this as the command:

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe DwmApi #105

If you have a mouse and driver that supports 5 buttons, this may interest
you:
http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/X...tonControl.htm

"Phoenixjn" <Phoenixjn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Flip 3D is a neat little tool, and useful, but I find that it's often too
> hard to get to because what it's designed for is super fast entry into a
> different window. I realize there's a quick launch icon for it on the
> desktop, but I often don't want to visually break away from what I'm doing
> hunt for it and click. And if I'm going to bring my mouse down there to
> click
> on it, why wouldn't I just click on the window I want to open, rather than
> going through F3D?
>
> I realize there's also a couple of keyboard shortcuts, but the windows key
> +
> tab is a little awkward, and by the time I hit it and flip through the
> windows, I could also have clicked on the window in the task bar.
>
> What I'd like to do is map F3D to one of the keys on my Elite wireless
> keyboard, or map it to the wheel button on the wireless mouse.
>
> Also, I'd like to say I appreciate the suggestion tool for Microsoft. In
> the
> past, it seemed as though Microsoft developed its software in a vacuum and
> there was no real way to express an opinion. But listening to the people
> who
> use your software in their every day lives has to be one of the most
> valuable
> things a company can do. If you create a feature everyone hates, you need
> hear about it and implement a fix.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management

R. C. White

Re: Faster Access to Flip 3D
Hi, Phoenixjn.

Have you tried the Windows logo key with the Tab key? <Win>+<Tab>

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Phoenixjn" <Phoenixjn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Flip 3D is a neat little tool, and useful, but I find that it's often too
> hard to get to because what it's designed for is super fast entry into a
> different window. I realize there's a quick launch icon for it on the
> desktop, but I often don't want to visually break away from what I'm doing
> hunt for it and click. And if I'm going to bring my mouse down there to
> click
> on it, why wouldn't I just click on the window I want to open, rather than
> going through F3D?
>
> I realize there's also a couple of keyboard shortcuts, but the windows key
> +
> tab is a little awkward, and by the time I hit it and flip through the
> windows, I could also have clicked on the window in the task bar.
>
> What I'd like to do is map F3D to one of the keys on my Elite wireless
> keyboard, or map it to the wheel button on the wireless mouse.
>
> Also, I'd like to say I appreciate the suggestion tool for Microsoft. In
> the
> past, it seemed as though Microsoft developed its software in a vacuum and
> there was no real way to express an opinion. But listening to the people
> who
> use your software in their every day lives has to be one of the most
> valuable
> things a company can do. If you create a feature everyone hates, you need
> hear about it and implement a fix.

Slap

Re: Faster Access to Flip 3D
> "Phoenixjn" <Phoenixjn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Flip 3D is a neat little tool, and useful, but I find that it's often too
>> hard to get to because what it's designed for is super fast entry into a
>> different window. I realize there's a quick launch icon for it on the
>> desktop, but I often don't want to visually break away from what I'm
>> doing
>> What I'd like to do is map F3D to one of the keys on my Elite wireless
>> keyboard, or map it to the wheel button on the wireless mouse.

So why don't you do that. I've mapped my left mouse button to do it. MS
Wireless Laser 8000.