I can't add URL's to favorites folder

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZVBpZQ==?=

I can't add URL's to favorites folder
If I go to www.yahoo.com, then click on Favorites, then ADD to favorites then
click add. I get box with Name: Yahoo, Created in: Favorites. Then I get
Error: Unable to create 'Yahoo!": Unspecified Error. I can delete, modify or
rename any item in the favorites list though. Just can't add a new one? Any
ideas?
--
DavePieNaples
Extracampine

Re: I can't add URL's to favorites folder
I have exactly the same problem !With me, this happens only when I try and
save a favourite to a sub-folder. If I save it to the root favourites
folder, then that seems to work, and I can move it afterwards.

"DavePie" <DavePie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I go to www.yahoo.com, then click on Favorites, then ADD to favorites
> then
> click add. I get box with Name: Yahoo, Created in: Favorites. Then I get
> Error: Unable to create 'Yahoo!": Unspecified Error. I can delete, modify
> or
> rename any item in the favorites list though. Just can't add a new one?
> Any
> ideas?
> --
> DavePieNaples

BobF

Re: I can't add URL's to favorites folder

Ditto!

--
BobF
brink

Re: I can't add URL's to favorites folder

Hi BobF,

Welcome to Vista Forums. arty:

You might check to see if Internet Explorer 7 has all of it's defaults
set to it. This will show you how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83...ociations.html

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
davehc

Re: I can't add URL's to favorites folder

Maybe an easier way is to right click the page and "Add to favourites"?
Always works for me.

--
davehc
BobF

Re: I can't add URL's to favorites folder

Elsewhere on this forum are similar references to "unspecified error"
when "add to favorites" is chosen. In my case I used the "redirected
folder" feature to move my username to another disk, aparently somehow
messing up folder rights/permissions whatever such that IE couldn't
write to the "Favorites" folder. In spite of following the directions
here and at MSDN I still couldn't add to favorites. I gave up trying,
re-formatted the disk, re-installed Vista64, and IMMEDIATELY before
doing anything moved my user folder to the other disk and now I am able
to "add to favorites". I certainly got confused when I went from Start
-> explore -> navigate to C:\Users\username -> folder -> properties and
didn't see a location tab. Aparently the location tab is visible only
when the explorer is started from Start -> username ->folder ->
properties. I was expecting "Redirected Folders" to have been
implemented at the file-system layer for all folders/files and thus
visible from any copy of explorer. How silly of me.

--
BobF
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: I can't add URL's to favorites folder
"Unspecified error" when adding a link to Favorites in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blogs/4...ows-Vista.html

--
Regards,

Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com