Folder tree indexing. Useful and not resources eater!

=?Utf-8?B?ZWZydWE=?=

Folder tree indexing. Useful and not resources eater!
This is a suggestion:

I think it could be very useful to add an option to the index service in
Windows Vista that allows the system to index the whole folder tree but not
the archives contained in those folders. This way we could jump to any folder
in the hard drive just by typing its name in any search box.
The only way to do it now is to index the whole drive (folders and archives)
which takes too much computer power.
By adding an option to just index the folder tree we could fast go to any
folder in the hard disk and it would not consume too many hardware resources.

I even think the services should scan the whole folder tree by default and
then allows the users to manually add desired folders to be fully indexed
(subfolders and archives).
This would make our lives much easier 

Thanks a lot.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management
=?Utf-8?B?ZWZydWE=?=

Re: Folder tree indexing. Useful and not resources eater!
In Windows Vista Help, Microsoft does not recomend you to index the whole
drive as search will become slower.

Old XP Indexing vs New Vista Search bvandew microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 13 04-24-2007 21:15
Mail-Indexing not working properly =?Utf-8?B?U2hyZWs=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 4 03-01-2007 02:24
Long Indexing Process after each logon =?Utf-8?B?UFVBVg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 02-28-2007 14:14
Vista not indexing particular folder =?Utf-8?B?UmFqZXNo?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 02-28-2007 14:14
Regedit/Explorer folder tree Jeff microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 02-28-2007 14:13