Temporary Internet Files in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?R3RE?=

Temporary Internet Files in Vista
Is there a way to view the subfolders of the temporary internet files folder
in Vista w/o having to copy it to another location? As far as I know I have
selected to view all hidden and system files and for some reason the folder
IE uses does not allow for subfolder viewing yet I know the subfolders are
there. If you copy it from its current location to say the desktop, then all
of a sudden you may view the subfolders and their contents (I am trying to
avoid this step).
=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

RE: Temporary Internet Files in Vista
Where are you going to see these files --
\User\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\T emporary Internet Files?

Why not just view them through IE's Tools | Options applet?

"GtD" wrote:

> Is there a way to view the subfolders of the temporary internet files folder
> in Vista w/o having to copy it to another location? As far as I know I have
> selected to view all hidden and system files and for some reason the folder
> IE uses does not allow for subfolder viewing yet I know the subfolders are
> there. If you copy it from its current location to say the desktop, then all
> of a sudden you may view the subfolders and their contents (I am trying to
> avoid this step).

Jane C

Re: Temporary Internet Files in Vista
Organize > Folderand Search Options > View tab > uncheck "Hide protected
operating system files" and you will be able to see them.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"GtD" <GtD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doesn't show all of the files and subfolders.
>
> "jimmuh" wrote:
>
>> Where are you going to see these files --
>> \User\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\T emporary Internet
>> Files?
>>
>> Why not just view them through IE's Tools | Options applet?
>>
>> "GtD" wrote:
>>
>> > Is there a way to view the subfolders of the temporary internet files
>> > folder
>> > in Vista w/o having to copy it to another location? As far as I know I
>> > have
>> > selected to view all hidden and system files and for some reason the
>> > folder
>> > IE uses does not allow for subfolder viewing yet I know the subfolders
>> > are
>> > there. If you copy it from its current location to say the desktop,
>> > then all
>> > of a sudden you may view the subfolders and their contents (I am trying
>> > avoid this step).

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Temporary Internet Files in Vista
Create a shortcut to Temporary Internet Files. Right-click the shortcut &
select 'Properties'. Change 'Target' from:

"G:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files"

"G:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet
Files\content.ie5"

You can also see the true files & folders via a command prompt window.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

> Is there a way to view the subfolders of the temporary internet files
> folder
> in Vista w/o having to copy it to another location? As far as I know I
> have
> selected to view all hidden and system files and for some reason the
> folder
> IE uses does not allow for subfolder viewing yet I know the subfolders are
> there. If you copy it from its current location to say the desktop, then
> all
> of a sudden you may view the subfolders and their contents (I am trying to
> avoid this step).

pip

Re: Temporary Internet Files in Vista
right click T-I-F (properties\security-advanced and go thru the settings
(setting yourself as Owner with full control)
and make sure you do the one that says Deny Everyone in Effective
Permissions to allow. you should beable to get in there then.
also look in Temp dir for more T-I-F and History and Cookies folders.
hope this helps.

> Is there a way to view the subfolders of the temporary internet files
> folder
> in Vista w/o having to copy it to another location? As far as I know I
> have
> selected to view all hidden and system files and for some reason the
> folder
> IE uses does not allow for subfolder viewing yet I know the subfolders are
> there. If you copy it from its current location to say the desktop, then
> all
> of a sudden you may view the subfolders and their contents (I am trying to
> avoid this step).

=?Utf-8?B?R3RE?=

Re: Temporary Internet Files in Vista
A little more tricky than that in VISTA, however it worked. Thank you.

"pip" wrote:

> right click T-I-F (properties\security-advanced and go thru the settings
> (setting yourself as Owner with full control)
> and make sure you do the one that says Deny Everyone in Effective
> Permissions to allow. you should beable to get in there then.
> also look in Temp dir for more T-I-F and History and Cookies folders.
> hope this helps.
>

> > Is there a way to view the subfolders of the temporary internet files
> > folder
> > in Vista w/o having to copy it to another location? As far as I know I
> > have
> > selected to view all hidden and system files and for some reason the
> > folder
> > IE uses does not allow for subfolder viewing yet I know the subfolders are
> > there. If you copy it from its current location to say the desktop, then
> > all
> > of a sudden you may view the subfolders and their contents (I am trying to
> > avoid this step).

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Temporary Internet Files in Vista
Interesting, I don't have a TIF folder on the path:

"G:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind ows"

just

"G:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies\Low"