help

=?Utf-8?B?Q2F0aGVyaW5l?=

help
I recently got a new computer and when i signed in under my screen name my
document files from the other puter never transferred over.I have changed
computers before and all my documents came up when i signed into my screen
name..what happened..where are "my documents" from the other puter?/
=?Utf-8?B?Q2F0aGVyaW5l?=

Re: help
You dont understand what I am saying..I never had to hook 2 computers
together to transfer my file.. previously when i hooked up my new computer
and signed under an already existing screen name from AOL all my files were
automatically transfrred to the new puter..What i am saying is with this
windows Vista that did not happen..I dont see where "my documents"
transferred from my old computer..i know that they dont just migrate..maybe I
am doing something wrong, thats why I am asking for help..Thanks

"pete" wrote:

> They dont migrate by themselves............so what program did you use to
> transfer your settings etc from the old to the new system??
> ????????????
> peter
> "Catherine" <Catherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently got a new computer and when i signed in under my screen name my
> > document files from the other puter never transferred over.I have changed
> > computers before and all my documents came up when i signed into my screen
> > name..what happened..where are "my documents" from the other puter?/

Malke

Re: help
Catherine wrote:
> You dont understand what I am saying..I never had to hook 2 computers
> together to transfer my file.. previously when i hooked up my new computer
> and signed under an already existing screen name from AOL all my files were
> automatically transfrred to the new puter..What i am saying is with this
> windows Vista that did not happen..I dont see where "my documents"
> transferred from my old computer..i know that they dont just migrate..maybe I
> am doing something wrong, thats why I am asking for help..Thanks
>
> "pete" wrote:
>
>> They dont migrate by themselves............so what program did you use to
>> transfer your settings etc from the old to the new system??
>> ????????????
>> peter
>> "Catherine" <Catherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I recently got a new computer and when i signed in under my screen name my
>>> document files from the other puter never transferred over.I have changed
>>> computers before and all my documents came up when i signed into my screen
>>> name..what happened..where are "my documents" from the other puter?/

When you say that you signed in under your screen name from AOL, you
mean using AOL's browser? AOL is your ISP? Or are you talking about AOL
Instant Messenger? In any case, the only thing that AOL has on its
servers (computers) is your email, your addresses, and your AOL
favorites for the browser. It doesn't have anything to do with documents
on your computer. That's why "pete" is confused by your question.

If you have two computers - an old one and a new one - you have to
transfer documents and settings from the old one to the new one either
by using Vista's Windows Easy Transfer (see link below); or transfer
just the documents over a network that you set up between the two
computers; or by burning the document files from the old computer onto a
cd-r and then copying them onto the new computer. In none of those cases
does a file transfer happen magically all by itself.

Here is a link explaining Vista's Windows Easy Transfer:
http://tinyurl.com/ybronz

I think your best course of action at this point would be to have a
knowledgeable friend (someone who is *really* knowledgeable and not just
says s/he is) or a professional computer person take a look at what's
really happening and help you. I'm not saying this to hurt your feelings
in any way but it is obvious that you could use a helping hand.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com