Sort folders and links in directories alphabetically

=?Utf-8?B?bTJr?=

Sort folders and links in directories alphabetically
Hi!
I have a question // problem, and wanted to get some awnser.
Is it possible to open a folder in windows explorer which contains "folders"
and "links to folders" and the items get sorted alphabetically and not sorted
by type and then alphabetically.
Thanks && greets,
m2k
Keith Miller MVP

Re: Sort folders and links in directories alphabetically
As in XP, it's possible to create a shortcut to a folder that behaves more
like a true folder rather than a .lnk file. You can create these as
follows:

1) Right-click the Start button & select 'Open'

2) Open a second Explorer window & navigate to the folder containing the
target folder.

3) Right-click & drag your target to the 'Start Menu' folder, release the
mouse button & select 'Create Shortcuts Here'

4) You now have a shortcut in the 'Start Menu' folder that can be moved to
any location you desire.

Although it shows a type of 'File', it will sort with folders when you sort
by name. It also shows in the folder pane and will cascade from a toolbar.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"m2k" <m2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I have a question // problem, and wanted to get some awnser.
> Is it possible to open a folder in windows explorer which contains
> "folders"
> and "links to folders" and the items get sorted alphabetically and not
> sorted
> by type and then alphabetically.
> Thanks && greets,
> m2k

=?Utf-8?B?bTJr?=

Re: Sort folders and links in directories alphabetically
thanks a lot, works great!
greets m2k