Indexing problem with Vista and Outlook 2007

=?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=

Indexing problem with Vista and Outlook 2007
I have the RTM of both programs, though previously I had beta of Office 2007
on this machine (removed, then RTM installed).

Every time I try to do a search in Outlook, it complains that the index
isn't completed. When I check the indexed items waiting, I find that the
number never changes unless I receive new mail, in which case it goes up with
the new mail. If I do a rebuild, it finishes successfully, and everything
works, until I get additional mail.

Any ideas?
scorrea

Re: Indexing problem with Vista and Outlook 2007

I'm having the same issue and it's been going on for a long time. I have
rebuilt the index using the indexing option in control panel and it
shows "complete" but when I try to search in Outlook 2007, it tells me
that "the search results may be incomplete because items are still being
indexed". Arrrgh... Were you able to get it fixed? Thanks.

--
scorrea
GWE GWE is offline

GWE is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solution to Vista/Outlook 2007 Indexing Issue
I was having the same problem, and found this thread with a solution:

Watch out for a Microsoft Outlook 2007 indexing issue in Windows Vista

Hope this helps...
Paul Montgomery

Re: Indexing problem with Vista and Outlook 2007
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:43:56 +0100, GWE
<GWE.3e2807@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I was having the same problem, and found this thread with a solution:

Who are you trying to help? The person who left the building THREE
months ago, or the one who left EIGH**** months ago?
GWE GWE is offline

GWE is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Montgomery View Post
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:43:56 +0100, GWE
<GWE.3e2807@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I was having the same problem, and found this thread with a solution:

Who are you trying to help? The person who left the building THREE
months ago, or the one who left EIGH**** months ago?
Haha nice. Who are YOU trying to help Paul? With Google, you never leave the building... how do you think i found this thread? Doubt I'm the only one that finds it annoying to see a thread in a forum where someone else is having the same problem and fifty people will read it but nobody bothers to post a solution for the next guy (which, incidentally, is who I posted for). The posting date is irrelevant to someone whose dealing with the problem in the 'now'. But thanks to search engines, we can find solutions in perpetuity. Follow the logic?

Gardar is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Indexing problem with Vista and Outlook 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE View Post
Haha nice. Who are YOU trying to help Paul? With Google, you never leave the building... how do you think i found this thread? Doubt I'm the only one that finds it annoying to see a thread in a forum where someone else is having the same problem and fifty people will read it but nobody bothers to post a solution for the next guy (which, incidentally, is who I posted for). The posting date is irrelevant to someone whose dealing with the problem in the 'now'. But thanks to search engines, we can find solutions in perpetuity. Follow the logic?
Myself, today, Feb 9th, is a case in point... Thanks for providing the solution!!!

Vista, Outlook 2002 and passwords Diamontina Cocktail microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 4 11-18-2008 20:55
Old XP Indexing vs New Vista Search bvandew microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 13 04-24-2007 21:15
Vista import from Outlook Express Kim S microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 8 02-28-2007 14:15
Vista not indexing particular folder =?Utf-8?B?UmFqZXNo?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 02-28-2007 14:14
Re: Search - Windows Mail not Office 2007 Outlook indexed Dave Wood [MS] microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 02-28-2007 14:14