Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista

=?Utf-8?B?YXJ0aHVyMzEz?=

Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista
I have been using Windows Vista Home Premium for 5 days now. I have noticed
that when I have a folder with an EPS (Adobe Illustrator) file in it then
when I open that folder Windows Explorer will often crash. Even if the folder
with the EPS file is on an external harddrive then the window will crash.
Sometimes I manage to open the folder, but when I try to delete the EPS file
it will say that it cannot delete it because it is being used by a program.
This happens with EPS files I just created, or that I created a day before
before rebooting the computer, and it happens when Illustrator is close.d

Has anyone experienced this before?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arthur
=?Utf-8?B?QWxhbiBE?=

RE: Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista
I am also using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Every time I try to move or delete an illustrator file (.ai, or .eps) it
tells me that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in
another program." When in fact no other programs are open and the files are
in list mode, so there is no preview showing or anything. This is very
frustrating as I'm simply trying to organize some folders.

~Alan
=?Utf-8?B?YXJ0aHVyMzEz?=

RE: Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista
I'm glad I am not the only one with this problem. Does anyone know why this
is happening in Vista?

I have noticed that when viewing a folder with Illustrator EPS or AI files,
that the icons do not show a thumbnail of the image. Windows XP *did* do
this. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Does Vista not recognize
these file types?

Thanks,
Arthur
kessek's Avatar

kessek is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista
Did anyone ever figure out how to delete EPS/AI files? I'm starting to get quite the collection of them.
mia b

vista .eps .ai problem
Hi Kessek

I've had the same problem since I started using Illustrator on my Vista machine. But I think I managed to get it sorted! I started my machine in safe mode, right-clicked -> properties on one of the eps files that were causing problems. I then did 2 things (don't know which of the two did the trick).

1) Under the "illustrator thumbnail" tab, I selected "Don't generate".
2) Under the "General" tab I changed the "Open with" to photoshop instead of illustrator.

I then rebooted normally and was able to move and change all of those eps files! Yay! Try it and let me know if this works for you too.

Kind regards
Mia

kessek wrote:

Did anyone ever figure out how to delete EPS/AI files?
08-Nov-08

Did anyone ever figure out how to delete EPS/AI files? I am starting to
get quite the collection of them.

--
kessek

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:04 PM
arthur31 wrote:

Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista
I have been using Windows Vista Home Premium for 5 days now. I have noticed
that when I have a folder with an EPS (Adobe Illustrator) file in it then
when I open that folder Windows Explorer will often crash. Even if the folder
with the EPS file is on an external harddrive then the window will crash.
Sometimes I manage to open the folder, but when I try to delete the EPS file
it will say that it cannot delete it because it is being used by a program.
This happens with EPS files I just created, or that I created a day before
before rebooting the computer, and it happens when Illustrator is close.d

Has anyone experienced this before?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arthur

On Sunday, February 11, 2007 8:02 PM
Alan wrote:

I am also using Windows Vista Home Premium.
I am also using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Every time I try to move or delete an illustrator file (.ai, or .eps) it
tells me that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in
another program." When in fact no other programs are open and the files are
in list mode, so there is no preview showing or anything. This is very
frustrating as I'm simply trying to organize some folders.

~Alan

On Monday, February 19, 2007 2:48 PM
arthur31 wrote:

I'm glad I am not the only one with this problem.
I'm glad I am not the only one with this problem. Does anyone know why this
is happening in Vista?

I have noticed that when viewing a folder with Illustrator EPS or AI files,
that the icons do not show a thumbnail of the image. Windows XP *did* do
this. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Does Vista not recognize
these file types?

Thanks,
Arthur

On Saturday, November 08, 2008 11:58 PM
kessek wrote:

Did anyone ever figure out how to delete EPS/AI files?
Did anyone ever figure out how to delete EPS/AI files? I am starting to
get quite the collection of them.

--
kessek

SEO Friendly Paging with ASP.NET 2.0 Data Controls
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ging-with.aspx