Error in undo/redo of file operation in Windows Vista
This bug just lost me 20 pictures of my new born daughter... Grr.
1) open notepad, write 'test1' and save the file as 'test.txt' in a newly
2) change the text to 'test2' and save the file in the parent folder of the
folder you just created - use the 'test.txt' as the file name again.
3) Open the parent folder in a window.
4) Drag 'test.txt' into the newly created folder.
5) Vista comes up with a prompt, choose the 3rd option (Move, but rename to
6) Press undo (ctrl+z)
7) Press redo (ctrl+y)
8) The first file called 'test.txt' is now overwritten by the second file -
WITHOUT any prompt from Vista.