Cannot Find Downloaded Files

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IEZpbmQgRG93bmxvYWRlZCBGaWxlcw==?=

Cannot Find Downloaded Files
Please help me! Whenever I download ANY file form ANY site when the download
gets to 100% the download dialogue box closes and the file is not where I
donloaded it to. I have tried searching for the files but no results return.
This is very frustrating as when I download the files it's still taking up
space on my hard drive the files just arn't there. HELP??
=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IEZpbmQgRG93bmxvYWRlZCBGaWxlcw==?=

Re: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
Hi, I can't find "Show compatability files" in the toolbar. Also all my
files are saved in C: I have no other place to store them. Is there any way I
can take security restriction off it? Or have you any other suggestions?

Sorry.
Jimmy Brush

Re: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
When I said C:\ was security-restricted, I meant the actual root of your C
drive, not any of the other folders it contains.

Show compatability files is only displayed if the location you are looking
at contains compatability files.

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
How in the world did you fix this problem. I have the exact same issue you
have. I am assuming you fixed it since you havent posted here in awhile.
Please let me know how you did it. Thanks, Charles

"Cannot Find Downloaded Files" wrote:

> Please help me! Whenever I download ANY file form ANY site when the download
> gets to 100% the download dialogue box closes and the file is not where I
> donloaded it to. I have tried searching for the files but no results return.
> This is very frustrating as when I download the files it's still taking up
> space on my hard drive the files just arn't there. HELP??

=?Utf-8?B?c2FsZXM=?=

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
This is ridiculous - I have turned off the user control but still get the
popups, I have tried to download files from various websites and after 100%
the file is not there - when I try to download to the root of c: it says I
don't have access to this folder. I changed security settings for my user
(administrator) and got tons of errors on different files. It does not
matter where I download files to documents, desktop etc. the file is renamed
..exe.(and a bunch of letters on the end) and won't run.
What is up with this Vista? Why can't we just have a choice to access
files, folders, and not use their stupid security features???

"Cannot Find Downloaded Files" wrote:

> Please help me! Whenever I download ANY file form ANY site when the download
> gets to 100% the download dialogue box closes and the file is not where I
> donloaded it to. I have tried searching for the files but no results return.
> This is very frustrating as when I download the files it's still taking up
> space on my hard drive the files just arn't there. HELP??

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IEZpbmQgRG93bmxvYWRlZCBGaWxlcw==?=

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
It's so annoying, If anyone finds out about the patch to fix the problem will
you please post it on here, thanks I will do the same if I hear anything
about it.

Vista should never have been released if it was this buggy, seriously I
wouldn't have minded waiting for another few weeks if I knew it would work
properly.
It makes XP look like the better Microsoft Windows Operating System.

=?Utf-8?B?VGVyZW5jZSBD?=

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
Then this should tick you right off then....MS has already announced that
they have started working in the next OS, which is supposed to be out in 2
years. They haven't fixed the problems in this OS, and they are already
moving onto the next cluster-*&$%!

"Cannot Find Downloaded Files" wrote:

> It's so annoying, If anyone finds out about the patch to fix the problem will
> you please post it on here, thanks I will do the same if I hear anything
> about it.
>
> Vista should never have been released if it was this buggy, seriously I
> wouldn't have minded waiting for another few weeks if I knew it would work
> properly.
> It makes XP look like the better Microsoft Windows Operating System.

Tushar

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files
I'm facing the same issue.

Does anyone has a fix for this please reply.

I'm unable to find the file after the download, no matter where do I save it.
May it be My Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc.

It completes the download and the file dissappears.

And its not only with exe files as I have tried downloading zip, pdf, exe,
rar but of no avail.

File is not even locatable in the search, it simply vanishes.
arindam_km

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files

"Cannot Find Downloaded Files" wrote:

> Please help me! Whenever I download ANY file form ANY site when the download
> gets to 100% the download dialogue box closes and the file is not where I
> donloaded it to. I have tried searching for the files but no results return.
> This is very frustrating as when I download the files it's still taking up
> space on my hard drive the files just arn't there. HELP??

if the file is saved in admin account u wont be able to get to see that in
the user account or in guest account . so to check the file u have to login
to the admin account to check the file , hope u understood the issue .
arindam_km

RE: Cannot Find Downloaded Files

"Cannot Find Downloaded Files" wrote:

> PS. I am Running Windows Vista (Home Premium)

when u were downloading the files which account ur were logged in admin user
or guest . if u saved the file in admin account u wil get to see when u log
in is admin in the acount , what u can do is go to save mode and and open
the registry and u can delete winsock settings .