Folder views in Vista -- weird stuff

=?Utf-8?B?cmFzcXVhbA==?=

Folder views in Vista -- weird stuff
There's been plenty of reason to gainsay how Windows Explorer presents things
to the user in Vista. But how is it that Windows can see its own System32
folder as a picture album?

Isn't that just a wee bit insane?

And why on earth do I have to click so many times to turn on or off file
preview?

Giix

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Folder views in Vista -- weird stuff
> But how is it that Windows can see its own System32
> folder as a picture album?

You might want to give us a wee bit more information about what you are
seeing? By default the System32 folder is not presented as a picture album?
Where are you seeing this? What do you see in the properties of this folder?

> And why on earth do I have to click so many times to turn on or off file
> preview?

How are you doing this? You should just be able to select Organize, hover
over Layout and select Preview Pane. 2 clicks.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"rasqual" <rasqual@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There's been plenty of reason to gainsay how Windows Explorer presents
> things
> to the user in Vista. But how is it that Windows can see its own System32
> folder as a picture album?
>
> Isn't that just a wee bit insane?
>
> And why on earth do I have to click so many times to turn on or off file
> preview?
>
> Giix
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... e_management

Nathanial Woolls

>> But how is it that Windows can see its own System32
>> folder as a picture album?

> You might want to give us a wee bit more information about what you are
> seeing? By default the System32 folder is not presented as a picture
> album? Where are you seeing this? What do you see in the properties of
> this folder?

He's probably talking about this:

"However, in many cases it gets a bit confusing. Windows often decides that
an ordinary document folder is full of pictures and visa versa, This
wouldn't be so bad if I could overrule Vista, but it doesnt alway work when
I apply a folder template to a folder and all sub-folders. Invariably it
changes the template for a top-level folder but not for all of the sub
folders. And I think that if I return to the top-level folder at a later
time, the view may be changed again."