File Description Missing in Large Folder View

=?Utf-8?B?UmFkaWF0aW9u?=

File Description Missing in Large Folder View
Today the file descriptions went missing from folder view in explorer. I like
the large/medium folder views, but without the name of the folder there makes
it hard to navigate to the files I want. I cannot find any options to turn
the folder names back on in this view. Any help would be appreciated. Here
are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Missing Folder Names:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scriptions.jpg

Folder Names Present:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...onsVisable.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: File Description Missing in Large Folder View
Switch to Details view. Then press and hold the SHIFT key, and from the "Views" drop-down, select "Medium Icons". Close and reopen the folder.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Radiation" <Radiation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20B320C-2F40-43A4-B026-ECDD8248D112@microsoft.com...
Today the file descriptions went missing from folder view in explorer. I like
the large/medium folder views, but without the name of the folder there makes
it hard to navigate to the files I want. I cannot find any options to turn
the folder names back on in this view. Any help would be appreciated. Here
are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Missing Folder Names:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scriptions.jpg

Folder Names Present:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...onsVisable.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?UmFkaWF0aW9u?=

Re: File Description Missing in Large Folder View
Worked perfectly, Thank you very much!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Switch to Details view. Then press and hold the SHIFT key, and from the "Views" drop-down, select "Medium Icons". Close and reopen the folder.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
> Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Radiation" <Radiation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20B320C-2F40-43A4-B026-ECDD8248D112@microsoft.com...
> Today the file descriptions went missing from folder view in explorer. I like
> the large/medium folder views, but without the name of the folder there makes
> it hard to navigate to the files I want. I cannot find any options to turn
> the folder names back on in this view. Any help would be appreciated. Here
> are some pictures of what I'm talking about.
>
> Missing Folder Names:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scriptions.jpg
>
> Folder Names Present:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...onsVisable.jpg
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: File Description Missing in Large Folder View
You're welcome!

--

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Switch to Details view. Then press and hold the SHIFT key, and from the "Views" drop-down, select "Medium Icons". Close and reopen the folder.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
> Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Radiation" <Radiation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20B320C-2F40-43A4-B026-ECDD8248D112@microsoft.com...
> Today the file descriptions went missing from folder view in explorer. I like
> the large/medium folder views, but without the name of the folder there makes
> it hard to navigate to the files I want. I cannot find any options to turn
> the folder names back on in this view. Any help would be appreciated. Here
> are some pictures of what I'm talking about.
>
> Missing Folder Names:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...scriptions.jpg
>
> Folder Names Present:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...onsVisable.jpg
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

andymayhem is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: File Description Missing in Large Folder View
hi,

im new round here i am desperately hoping you guys can help me! i searched the forum but couldnt find the answers or anything. im pretty stressed at the moment.

i am having a similar problem, to the one above except my folders and desktop arent showing any names only dates, except on the desktop they are showing sizes and in the c:\ they are arent showing anything. also in control panel in normal vista view nothing works, it comes up with there are no items to display but it does work in classic view. i also tried the check for errors and it didnt help, i also tried restore but that wouldnt work, it would open a window for 1second and close it.

please help me!!