Dragging folders to Favorite links won't work!

dsdevries

Dragging folders to Favorite links won't work!
hello,

I have a small problem. whenever i drag a folder to the "favorite Links"
section of the navigation pane in explorer, vista used to create a shortcut
to that folder in the Links folder inside my Personal userfolder. But now,
after i had tried out some thirdparty software to customize the windows
icons, Vista doesn't create the shortcuts anymore. Instead Vista now moves
the entire folder including its content to the links folder!
Is there a way to restore this behavior?

dsdevries

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Dragging folders to Favorite links won't work!
Hi dsdevries,

>> some thirdparty software to customize the windows icons,

What's the name of the software? Perhaps you removed the arrow icon from shortcuts (.lnk) using that software?

--
Regards,

"dsdevries" <dsdevries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61A8232D-3E90-4F8A-837E-8D8824A64ED9@microsoft.com...
hello,

I have a small problem. whenever i drag a folder to the "favorite Links"
section of the navigation pane in explorer, vista used to create a shortcut
to that folder in the Links folder inside my Personal userfolder. But now,
after i had tried out some thirdparty software to customize the windows
icons, Vista doesn't create the shortcuts anymore. Instead Vista now moves
the entire folder including its content to the links folder!
Is there a way to restore this behavior?

dsdevries

myemail.jc@googlemail.com

Re: Dragging folders to Favorite links won't work!
We have exactly the same problem - rather than creating a shortcut in
the "Favorites Links" the system either copies or moves the entire
contents of the target folder. We have not installed anything other
than standard Microsoft applications such as Office 2003 Enterprise.
We were using folder redirection and group policies to control the
user environment. But even with these turned off we are experiencing
the same problem.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Jonathan Caddy
Computing Services Manager