Windows Explorer CTRL I shortcut

Puppy Breath

Re: Windows Explorer CTRL I shortcut
Yes, it's Alt + C.

Click the Start button, choose Help and Support, search for

Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts

for a bunch more.

--

"Bob McClellan" <bobmcc@tricoequipment.com> wrote in message
> I've been using the Ctrl I shortcut from Windows Explorer in XP for quite
> some time to get to my favorites. I have directories that I bounce in and
> out of all day
> there for quick navigation.
> In XP this works for both Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
> In Vista, it works ONLY for Internet Explorer.
>
> I have my Vista boxes set up similiar to how my XP boxes are set up but
> from Vista I have to go up and click the Folders arrow to pull down the
> Folders pane. This is making me crazy.
> Is there any known shortcut to access the Folder Pane
> in Vista from within the Windows Explorer?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> bob.

Bob McClellan

Re: Windows Explorer CTRL I shortcut
Very Cool!
Sorry for the delay in this reply.
I'm on my XP box at work but will check this as soon as I get home.
Thanks much for the reply.
I really appreciate it!

Bob.

"Puppy Breath" <NoSpam@NoThanks.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it's Alt + C.
>
> Click the Start button, choose Help and Support, search for
>
> Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts
>
> for a bunch more.
>

> --
>
> "Bob McClellan" <bobmcc@tricoequipment.com> wrote in message
>> I've been using the Ctrl I shortcut from Windows Explorer in XP for quite
>> some time to get to my favorites. I have directories that I bounce in
>> and out of all day
>> there for quick navigation.
>> In XP this works for both Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
>> In Vista, it works ONLY for Internet Explorer.
>>
>> I have my Vista boxes set up similiar to how my XP boxes are set up but
>> from Vista I have to go up and click the Folders arrow to pull down the
>> Folders pane. This is making me crazy.
>> Is there any known shortcut to access the Folder Pane
>> in Vista from within the Windows Explorer?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> bob.

Bob McClellan

Re: Windows Explorer CTRL I shortcut
I had already been to "Internet Explorer Shortcuts".
I am looking for Windows Explorer Shortcuts.
Alt + C is an internet explorer shortcut.
Thanks just the same.

"Puppy Breath" <NoSpam@NoThanks.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it's Alt + C.
>
> Click the Start button, choose Help and Support, search for
>
> Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts
>
> for a bunch more.
>

> --
>
> "Bob McClellan" <bobmcc@tricoequipment.com> wrote in message
>> I've been using the Ctrl I shortcut from Windows Explorer in XP for quite
>> some time to get to my favorites. I have directories that I bounce in
>> and out of all day
>> there for quick navigation.
>> In XP this works for both Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
>> In Vista, it works ONLY for Internet Explorer.
>>
>> I have my Vista boxes set up similiar to how my XP boxes are set up but
>> from Vista I have to go up and click the Folders arrow to pull down the
>> Folders pane. This is making me crazy.
>> Is there any known shortcut to access the Folder Pane
>> in Vista from within the Windows Explorer?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> bob.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Explorer CTRL I shortcut
Bob

Go to Help and Support and search for "Keyboard Shortcuts". In the found
list, click Keyboard Shortcuts. Look at Windows Explorer shortcuts and
General Keyboard Shortcuts.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Bob McClellan" <bobmcc@tricoequipment.com> wrote in message
news690F350-1E6E-4148-A5FF-6B72F2211566@microsoft.com...
>I had already been to "Internet Explorer Shortcuts".
> I am looking for Windows Explorer Shortcuts.
> Alt + C is an internet explorer shortcut.
> Thanks just the same.
>

> "Puppy Breath" <NoSpam@NoThanks.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, it's Alt + C.
>>
>> Click the Start button, choose Help and Support, search for
>>
>> Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts
>>
>> for a bunch more.
>>

>> --
>>
>> "Bob McClellan" <bobmcc@tricoequipment.com> wrote in message
>>> I've been using the Ctrl I shortcut from Windows Explorer in XP for
>>> quite
>>> some time to get to my favorites. I have directories that I bounce in
>>> and out of all day
>>> there for quick navigation.
>>> In XP this works for both Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
>>> In Vista, it works ONLY for Internet Explorer.
>>>
>>> I have my Vista boxes set up similiar to how my XP boxes are set up but
>>> from Vista I have to go up and click the Folders arrow to pull down the
>>> Folders pane. This is making me crazy.
>>> Is there any known shortcut to access the Folder Pane
>>> in Vista from within the Windows Explorer?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> bob.

Bob McClellan

Re: Windows Explorer CTRL I shortcut
Thanks Ronnie
I appreciate the reply.

The point I am trying to make is...

The listed shortcuts do not include anything for toggling to the
favorites ( or >Folders ) view.