Cannot access offline folders in different domains

Alberto Di Meglio

Cannot access offline folders in different domains
Hi,

I have a laptop running Windows Vista RTM. The laptop is part of Domain
A. The Documents folder is redirected on a share in the same domain and
set to be always available. I can access it online and offline without
any problem.

I also use the laptop in a different network where Domain B is present.
I have a share mapped with valid credentials in Domain B. The share is
set to be always available and when I'm connected to that network
(directly or via VPN), I can synchronize and all folders and files have
the green mark on them.

However, when I disconnect from that network, the problems start. If I
keep a window open on the share, then I can access the files offline and
they are marked as offline/always available and the share is listed in
synch manager. If I close the window, I cannot open it anymore, I get an
error message saying "The specified network name is invalid" and the
share disappears from synch manager.

I've tried mapping, remapping, mapping using the IP address of the
server, but I always have the same problem.

Thanks for any suggestion.

A.

Alberto Di Meglio

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Cannot access offline folders in different domains
Cannot access offline folders in different domainsWe'd like you to generate a log file for us. Can you contact me via email? Remove the "online" from my address.

Want to learn more about Windows file and storage technologies? Visit our team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/default.aspx.