Mail-Indexing not working properly

=?Utf-8?B?U2hyZWs=?=

Mail-Indexing not working properly
Hello,

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate RTM and Office 2007 RTM.
The indexing service is set to index all mails in all mailboxes.
Outlook is saying that 2000 mails remain for indexing, the indexing gui in
control panel says that its finished with indexing. I rebuild the index with
the same behavoir and there are many mails not showing up in instant search.

Please help me,
Shrek
Digital Dave

Re: Mail-Indexing not working properly
Do you have Outlook in cached mode or "live" on the server?

Are you using Outlook over a VPN connection or live on the network?

"Shrek" <Shrek@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate RTM and Office 2007 RTM.
> The indexing service is set to index all mails in all mailboxes.
> Outlook is saying that 2000 mails remain for indexing, the indexing gui in
> control panel says that its finished with indexing. I rebuild the index
> with
> the same behavoir and there are many mails not showing up in instant
> search.
>
> Please help me,
> Shrek

=?Utf-8?B?U2hyZWs=?=

Re: Mail-Indexing not working properly
Hello,

> Do you have Outlook in cached mode or "live" on the server?
>
> Are you using Outlook over a VPN connection or live on the network?

Im using outlook without Exchange connection in this testing-environment,
only with some pop3-accounts.
It's live on the network without any VPNs.

Shrek
=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlzIFYu?=

Re: Mail-Indexing not working properly
Hey DD,

Was this ever resolved? I am having a similar problem in Outlook 2007 where
instant search is simply not working. I downloaded the add-on and restarted
Outlook as instructed, but I.S. can't find a thing, neither by subject line,
From or To fields.

My company has recently started upgrading to Office 2007 and items like this
can become a major issue. Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can
provide.

Regards,

Dennis Villa
System Administrator
frogdesign, inc.
New York

"Digital Dave" wrote:

> Do you have Outlook in cached mode or "live" on the server?
>
> Are you using Outlook over a VPN connection or live on the network?
>
> "Shrek" <Shrek@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate RTM and Office 2007 RTM.
> > The indexing service is set to index all mails in all mailboxes.
> > Outlook is saying that 2000 mails remain for indexing, the indexing gui in
> > control panel says that its finished with indexing. I rebuild the index
> > with
> > the same behavoir and there are many mails not showing up in instant
> > search.
> >
> > Please help me,
> > Shrek

mj

Re: Mail-Indexing not working properly
my instant search won't find my .eml emails either.