Explorer, who did this?

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

Explorer, who did this?
Hi there

After working for a few weeks I noticed a few very very annoying things
about the Windows Vista theme and functionality regarding the explorer. I use
the explorer a lot, a few things got better (searching) and a few got worse:

1) Selected files are not easy to spot. In XP your selected files are easy
to see. The backcolor in Vista is way too light (some kind of light blue
fading to white on a whit background).

How is it possible to chose use such a unclear selected background color +
effect ?

2) My directory view has columns like 'Album', 'Rating'? when there is no
music or other media in it. Why?

I had to select a folder as admin and set the folders view (via de customize
tab) to 'All items' then I select via folder options -> apply to all folders
so all folders are set to this folder view.

3) when I mouseover the vertical scrollbar in the folder pane the little
subfolder disappear. Need I to explain how annoying this is? Who did come up
with such a idea?

4) I'm clicking on a .jpg. I expected a preview in that beautyfull big
detailpane but what do I get? A big standard jpg icon, dimension information
and add your ratings stuff. Ok I can turn this off easily and I just did
that. But hey ... whats that?? de filepane shows me columns with ratings
and stuff... nooo I had turn this off and now its here again! Even again in
my css folders. It really is beginning to irritate me.
PLEASE could someone explain to me WHY my css fileview has
album-genre-artist-genre-rating columns ??

Overall I like Vista but it's not a killer. As you can notice I'm
dissapointed about some functionality in Vista. The explorer functionality is
used a lot by every user so its important that is friendly and efficient. As
I clearly pointed out it is not.

Sincerely,
Edward

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

Re: Explorer, who did this?
yep thanks, i'm looking for alternatives