where does download files gone

=?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWxsYWg=?=

where does download files gone
Im running windows vista now & I want to download some files from internet

frist I selct where I want to seve the file then the file is getting
download but after the download complited a sound pops & download screan goes
off without asking me to run or close the pops???

even in the path which I give to be save in it I did not get any downloaded
file

where does the downloaded file gone ???
Jimmy Brush

Re: where does download files gone
Hello,

You might check the following locations:

C:\Users\$user$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files\Low
C:\Users\$user$\appdata\Local\VirtualStore

Where $user$ is your username.

--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IEZpbmQgRG93bmxvYWRlZCBGaWxlcw==?=

Re: where does download files gone
Hi, I am having the same problem as abdullah "I cannot find files I have
downloaded". The problem is when I look in the suggested locations by Jimmy
Brush there is no folder called appdata in users.
Plaese help
=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IEZpbmQgRG93bmxvYWRlZCBGaWxlcw==?=

Re: where does download files gone
Ok I understand, I now have the appdata folder in user, it was hidden,
however is till cannot see the files. I have tried "show hidden files" but
they are still not there i have looked in all the locations and have ran
numerous searches.

Do you have any other suggestions? You said in my thread the files were
security-restricted. I have saved them to other locations like documents
pictures etc. and they are still not being displayed. Everytime the download
dialogue box gets to 99% it closes itself and I hear a sound. What could this
be?
=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fubm90IEZpbmQgRG93bmxvYWRlZCBGaWxlcw==?=

Re: where does download files gone
I Checked the following:

> C:\Users\$user$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files\Low

When I did this I got as far as the Windows folder. I could not proceed as
there is no folder named "Temporary Internet Files" in "Windows"

I then tried this location:

> C:\Users\$user$\appdata\Local\VirtualStore

I got to the "Virtual Store" folder. There were no files in it but there
were 2 more folders, "Windows" and "Program Files"

I'm not sure what the problem could be. Do you know an e-mail address where
I can contact windows about this? If not I will just have to reinstall
Windows Vista.

Thank You for your help!

Jimmy Brush

Re: where does download files gone
> I then tried this location:
>
>> C:\Users\$user$\appdata\Local\VirtualStore

> I got to the "Virtual Store" folder. There were no files in it but there
> were 2 more folders, "Windows" and "Program Files"

Try checking inside these folders, as well as any folders inside them. There
shouldn't be that many.

You should also try clicking Start, clicking Computer, and then browsing to
the folder that your files should be in. If there is a button on the toolbar
that says "Show compatability files", your files may be there.

> I'm not sure what the problem could be. Do you know an e-mail address
> where
> I can contact windows about this? If not I will just have to reinstall
> Windows Vista.
>
> Thank You for your help!

You might try here:

http://support.microsoft.com/windowsvista

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Tushar

Re: where does download files gone
I'm facing the same issue.

Does anyone has a fix for this please reply.

I'm unable to find the file after the download, no matter where do I save it.
May it be My Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc.

It completes the download and the file dissappears.

And its not only with exe files as I have tried downloading zip, pdf, exe,
rar but of no avail.

File is not even locatable in the search, it simply vanishes.

VISTAinFOG

"Tushar" wrote:

> I'm facing the same issue.
>
> Does anyone has a fix for this please reply.
>
> I'm unable to find the file after the download, no matter where do I save it.
> May it be My Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc.
>
> It completes the download and the file dissappears.
>
> And its not only with exe files as I have tried downloading zip, pdf, exe,
> rar but of no avail.
>
> File is not even locatable in the search, it simply vanishes.

VISTAinFOG

Re: where does download files gone
I have the same problem.
Search provides the shortcut with a target to the folder and the file name,
but the file is not there.

Microsoft wants to charge me $60 to tell me how to fix their software issue
on this somewhat unstable operating system.

Does anyone @ Microsoft read these or know how to resolve this issue?

"Tushar" wrote:

> I'm facing the same issue.
>
> Does anyone has a fix for this please reply.
>
> I'm unable to find the file after the download, no matter where do I save it.
> May it be My Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc.
>
> It completes the download and the file dissappears.
>
> And its not only with exe files as I have tried downloading zip, pdf, exe,
> rar but of no avail.
>
> File is not even locatable in the search, it simply vanishes.

Stevieboy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: where does download files gone
Hi,
I had exactly the same problem and no one could help. I was using IE8 at the time and all I did was to change browser. I now use Google's Chrome. You can watch the download progress, run it and install it. It also saves the file in your default directory, which when you visit, there it is.

I worked for me. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stevieboy