How to delete folders from previous install?

Piotr Wozniacki

How to delete folders from previous install?
Hi,

This has been asked and answered many times, but none of the answers semms
to work here. I started installing Vista from the XP, but for some reaosn
interupted and installed from the DVD boot. Unfortunately, the old
installation files were renamed "windows.old" and I can't get rid of them!
Tried from both OS'es (XP and Vista); tried taking ownership; tried running
a command prompt as administrator - still no rights to delete. What gives,
besides re-formatting?!!

Piotr

=?Utf-8?B?SGF2ZSBhIEdv?=

Re: How to delete folders from previous install?

I have had to use this same procedure in XP

"Ray" wrote:

> Try opening the folders and then deleting the individual folders/files, I
> found that I had to do it this way. It seems that the permissions don't
> carry down all the way.
> There must be a better way of doing it though, I hope someone knows and
> answers.
>
> Ray
>
> "Piotr Wozniacki" <p.wozniacki@wp.pl> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > This has been asked and answered many times, but none of the answers semms
> > to work here. I started installing Vista from the XP, but for some reaosn
> > interupted and installed from the DVD boot. Unfortunately, the old
> > installation files were renamed "windows.old" and I can't get rid of them!
> > Tried from both OS'es (XP and Vista); tried taking ownership; tried
> > running a command prompt as administrator - still no rights to delete.
> > What gives, besides re-formatting?!!
> >
> > Piotr

Richard Hay

Re: How to delete folders from previous install?
Try this - although it says for Windows One Care - same concept applies -
just change the directory - just make sure you do this in an elevated
command prompt.

--
Richard Hay
Windows Live Butterfly

"Piotr Wozniacki" <p.wozniacki@wp.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This has been asked and answered many times, but none of the answers semms
> to work here. I started installing Vista from the XP, but for some reaosn
> interupted and installed from the DVD boot. Unfortunately, the old
> installation files were renamed "windows.old" and I can't get rid of them!
> Tried from both OS'es (XP and Vista); tried taking ownership; tried
> running a command prompt as administrator - still no rights to delete.
> What gives, besides re-formatting?!!
>
> Piotr

Richard Hay

Re: How to delete folders from previous install?
Sorry I forgot the link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsO...55393&SiteID=2

--
Richard Hay