Web Folders only partially working in Explorer
So I've been struggling to get Web Folders working in Explorer. The behavior
that its exhibiting is really strange, and I'm wondering if other people see
this or if there's something wrong with my installation/configuration. The
following happens when adding either an FPSE site or a Sharepoint site:
* After adding the site using Add Network Location, a site folder is added
to the root of Computer.
* When opening that folder, a NEW folder is suddenly added to Computer
called "Web Folders" with a second folder containing the original site
inside it. Context immediately switches to this new folder.
* Inside the site folder, no subfolders can be opened from the main pane!
Double-click all you want, nothing happens. You CAN however drill down
through the structure in the Folders pane. (Oh and of course the folder
icons aren't Vista folder icons.)
* The whole site directory structure is also viewable in the orginal site
shortcut rooted at Computer. When you click on any element there, context is
switched back being under the Web Folders root.
* When you close the explorer window, the mirror "Web Folders" root
disappears; but the whole time you are working with web folders, two copies
of the site appear under Computer; one that sortof works, and the other that
is like a mirror.
This all seems very bizzare, and I'm hoping that there's just something
wrong with my IE installation or something; if not, I'd say web folders is
very very broken!