Folder Bags...

nick

Folder Bags...
Hi..

just like many other people, I'm having issues with Vista's ability to save
folder views and templates as they're constantly changing on their own accord.

This was a little frustrating with XP but at least we had the chance of
increasing the saved bags cache to 8000 but I can seem to find a registry
hack that will do the same for Vista.

At present, I either find myself deleting the entire bags registry key or
using RegMon to track all the 'broken' views so I can manually repair them
but i'm doing this on a daily basis...sometimes more than once per day which
is a huge annoyance and a waste of time which I could be spending enjoying
some of Vista's amazing features.

I find it hard to understand that Microsoft were unable to iron out this
problem with a new OS release....what makes it more hard to believe is that
the problem is far worse than what it was like with XP.

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to tell me if it's
possible to increase the bags cache on Vista or if there are any other
workarounds I could try apart from deleting the cache or using regmon.

Thanks in advance..

Nick
PaulB

RE: Folder Bags...
Check out this site

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
--
Paul

"nick" wrote:

> Hi..
>
> just like many other people, I'm having issues with Vista's ability to save
> folder views and templates as they're constantly changing on their own accord.
>
> This was a little frustrating with XP but at least we had the chance of
> increasing the saved bags cache to 8000 but I can seem to find a registry
> hack that will do the same for Vista.
>
> At present, I either find myself deleting the entire bags registry key or
> using RegMon to track all the 'broken' views so I can manually repair them
> but i'm doing this on a daily basis...sometimes more than once per day which
> is a huge annoyance and a waste of time which I could be spending enjoying
> some of Vista's amazing features.
>
> I find it hard to understand that Microsoft were unable to iron out this
> problem with a new OS release....what makes it more hard to believe is that
> the problem is far worse than what it was like with XP.
>
> I would be very grateful if someone would be able to tell me if it's
> possible to increase the bags cache on Vista or if there are any other
> workarounds I could try apart from deleting the cache or using regmon.
>
> Thanks in advance..
>
> Nick

nick

RE: Folder Bags...
Hi Paul..

many thanks for the reply...I have been looking everywhere for the setting
to increase the cache so thank you very much for the help

Nick