"Favorite Links" in Navigation Pane is (almost) always empty.

PGD

"Favorite Links" in Navigation Pane is (almost) always empty.
This is very wierd. Just a couple of days ago I installed Vista Ultimate
onto my machine - clean install into an empty partition. No upgrade or file
& settings transfer...everything is generic.

I know a lot of people don't like the "Favorite Links" window in the
Explorer navigation pane, but for me it would be very useful - if it
actually worked! It almost always displays "(Empty)" whenever I open an
Explorer window. I say "almost", because occasionally there are links there
when I'm saving a file from an application - often the app appears to use
the Explorer window as its dialog. But any time I launch Explorer
separately, it says "(Empty)". I can drag folders into the area, but they
never appear. And yet, when I right-click on the window and select "Open
favorite Links Folder", there are lots of things in there!

So why on earth would this thing always say "(Empty)"?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: "Favorite Links" in Navigation Pane is (almost) always empty.
Hi PGD,

See if this applies.

Favorite Links in the Windows Explorer navigation pane is completely empty:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/159/1/

--
Regards,

Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"PGD" <patgaul@REMOVETHISproaxent.com> wrote in message news:%23bFKKOurHHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
[...]

Ramesh, thanks. This fixed the problem. Like a fool I tried "FreshUI" to
eliminate the little arrow on each shortcut. When I applied the registry
fix (for the .lnk file association), logged off and logged back on,
everything was OK...the "Favorite Links" now is displaying links.

Good catch!