problem with files from DVD/CD

MCC124

problem with files from DVD/CD

I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example)
all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever
it should be. Any ideas please?

Thanks MCC

--
MCC124

Re: problem with files from DVD/CD
"MCC124" <Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax> wrote in message

> I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
> trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example)
> all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever
> it should be. Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks MCC
>

> --
> MCC124

You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
should be able to open them.

Robert Miles

No Name;912604 Wrote:
> "MCC124" Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax wrote in message
>
> I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
> trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for
> example)
> all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what
> ever
> it should be. Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks MCC
>

> --
> MCC124-
>

> You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
> you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
> should be able to open them.
>
> Robert Miles

Thank you Miles,, All I have to go on is, when the comp jargon is
displayed, the first line is "PDF-1.3"
Don't know if that is of any use to you.
Regards
Michael

> No Name;912604 Wrote:
>> "MCC124" Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax wrote in message
>>
>> I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
>> trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for
>> example)
>> all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what
>> ever
>> it should be. Any ideas please?
>>
>> Thanks MCC
>>

>> --
>> MCC124-
>>

>> You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
>> you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
>> should be able to open them.
>>
>> Robert Miles

> Thank you Miles,, All I have to go on is, when the comp jargon is
> displayed, the first line is "PDF-1.3"
> Don't know if that is of any use to you.
> Regards
> Michael
>

> --
> MCC124

I haven't seen that error message before. However, many of the files
I've seen with file names ending in .pdf would not open until I installed
a PDF reader program. I chose this one, partly because it's free:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

If you are still using the Windows Mail program that comes with Vista,
I do NOT recommend installing the Free Google Toolbar - it often
stops Windows Mail from running properly.

No Name;912677 Wrote:
> "MCC124" Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax wrote in message
>
> No Name;912604 Wrote:-
> "MCC124" Hxixtxtrexes124 @nospamaol.comax wrote in message
>
> I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
> trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for
> example)
> all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what
> ever
> it should be. Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks MCC
>

> --
> MCC124-
>

> You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
> you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
> should be able to open them.
>
> Robert Miles-
>

> Thank you Miles,, All I have to go on is, when the comp jargon is
> displayed, the first line is "PDF-1.3"
> Don't know if that is of any use to you.
> Regards
> Michael
>

> --
> MCC124-
>

> I haven't seen that error message before. However, many of the files
> I've seen with file names ending in .pdf would not open until I
> installed
> a PDF reader program. I chose this one, partly because it's free:
>
> 'Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions'
> (http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
>
> If you are still using the Windows Mail program that comes with Vista,
> I do NOT recommend installing the Free Google Toolbar - it often
> stops Windows Mail from running properly.
>
> Robert Miles

Thank you Miles, have repaired Adobe and taken out the Toolbar, no time
to check the results just now, but will try later.
Reagards
Michael

--
MCC124

MCC124;912680 Wrote:
> Thank you Miles, have repaired Adobe and taken out the Toolbar, no time
> to check the results just now, but will try later.
> Reagards
> Michael

Sorry, but the above made no difference at all, have now been in touch
with the CD supplier.
We will see if they casn help. Thanks
Michael

--