Files won't delete

Mark Cunningham

Files won't delete

I have a laptop running 32bit Vista Home Basic. Basically; I have a
load of videos and files I want to delete as I have wached them and
don't need or want them anymore. I highlight all the ones I want to
delete; then hold Shift and Del to get rid of them. I get the usual
mesage about are you sure you want to delete and I click yes. It then
goes thorugh the process of deleting them and they disappear. I close
the folder and go back a bit later to to watch something else and the
files have come back. It is annoying as it is using my Hard Drive
space. I am getting very impatient with it and am on verge of throwing
laptop across my room in annoyance.

--
Mark Cunningham
Antrikshy

Re: Files won't delete

Okay, try deleting them normally, by putting them into the Recycle Bin,
and empty it. If the files are too big and the Recycle Bin can't take
it, it will notify you before deleting them permanently.

There are also many free apps available online that can delete files
beyond recovery. You can use them. Google "delete files permanently".

Your problem seems stupid. You are making some mistake probably. Please
give me some reputation by clicking the middle icon in the top right of
this post.

--
Antrikshy

I am not to be held liable for any problems occurring because of
following me.It is always nice to create a System Restore point before
trying something dangerous.
Bob

Re: Files won't delete
http://forum.soft32.com/win4/Vista-S...ict175948.html