Making Win 7 Folder Structure More Visible

Tom461

Making Win 7 Folder Structure More Visible
I just moved from XP to Win 7. I was in the process of transferring
custom.dic when I realized that the AppData folder did not appear under my
user name, but that's where I need to put the custom dictionary file. My
question is how to make all the folders appear in Win 7 so I can work with
folders, as I did in XP. I suspect there is a configuration option, but I so
far have not located it and suspect the infamous security issues are blocking
what I want to do. It's too bad they design Windows around complex corporate
security issues and leave the rest of us in mess after mess. [Separately, I
have a good email address in my profile, but I am not being notified of
replies on this message board, but I will check back.]

Re: Making Win 7 Folder Structure More Visible
It's a hidden folder. Either type it in the address bar or turn on hidden
files and folder.

--
..
--
"Tom461" <Tom461@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just moved from XP to Win 7. I was in the process of transferring
> custom.dic when I realized that the AppData folder did not appear under my
> user name, but that's where I need to put the custom dictionary file. My
> question is how to make all the folders appear in Win 7 so I can work with
> folders, as I did in XP. I suspect there is a configuration option, but I
> so
> far have not located it and suspect the infamous security issues are
> blocking
> what I want to do. It's too bad they design Windows around complex
> corporate
> security issues and leave the rest of us in mess after mess. [Separately,
> have a good email address in my profile, but I am not being notified of
> replies on this message board, but I will check back.]

Bruce Chambers

Tom461 wrote:
> I just moved from XP to Win 7. I was in the process of transferring
> custom.dic when I realized that the AppData folder did not appear under my
> user name, but that's where I need to put the custom dictionary file. My
> question is how to make all the folders appear in Win 7 so I can work with
> folders, as I did in XP. I suspect there is a configuration option, but I so
> far have not located it and suspect the infamous security issues are blocking
> what I want to do. It's too bad they design Windows around complex corporate
> security issues and leave the rest of us in mess after mess. [Separately, I
> have a good email address in my profile, but I am not being notified of
> replies on this message board, but I will check back.]

In Windows 7, this is done in exactly the same manner in which it was
done in WinXP, so I don't understand why you're having a problem.

In Windows Explorer, click Tools > Folder options > View and select
"Show hidden files, folders, and drives."

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.