how to update the top folder Date Modified

Adam Johnson

how to update the top folder Date Modified
How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any item
inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level folder
'date modified' is the latest date.

Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top level
folder date is not changed.

How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified
dates of any items inside the sub-folder?
That is if any inside item inside multiple levels of sub-folder is modified
and updated, how can I make the Date Modified updated for all the upper
levels folders, or just the top level folder?

Richard G. Harper

Re: how to update the top folder Date Modified
Windows will not do this itself and there's no way to "make" it. You might
find some utility via Google or Bing that will set the date of the folder to
the newest content within it but I rather doubt it.

"Adam Johnson" <no.spam@google.com> wrote in message
> How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any item
> inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level folder
> 'date modified' is the latest date.
>
> Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top level
> folder date is not changed.
>
> How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified
> dates of any items inside the sub-folder?
> That is if any inside item inside multiple levels of sub-folder is
> modified and updated, how can I make the Date Modified updated for all the
> upper levels folders, or just the top level folder?

Adam Johnson

Re: how to update the top folder Date Modified
Thanks. Is there anyway to identify any item inside which folders (with
multi-level folders inside) have recent modified date?

"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows will not do this itself and there's no way to "make" it. You
> might find some utility via Google or Bing that will set the date of the
> folder to the newest content within it but I rather doubt it.
>
> "Adam Johnson" <no.spam@google.com> wrote in message
>> How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any item
>> inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level folder
>> 'date modified' is the latest date.
>>
>> Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top level
>> folder date is not changed.
>>
>> How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified
>> dates of any items inside the sub-folder?
>> That is if any inside item inside multiple levels of sub-folder is
>> modified and updated, how can I make the Date Modified updated for all
>> the upper levels folders, or just the top level folder?

Re: how to update the top folder Date Modified
Use Search

--
..
--
> Thanks. Is there anyway to identify any item inside which folders (with
> multi-level folders inside) have recent modified date?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Windows will not do this itself and there's no way to "make" it. You
>> might find some utility via Google or Bing that will set the date of the
>> folder to the newest content within it but I rather doubt it.
>>
>> "Adam Johnson" <no.spam@google.com> wrote in message
>>> How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any
>>> item inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level
>>> folder 'date modified' is the latest date.
>>>
>>> Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top
>>> level folder date is not changed.
>>>
>>> How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified
>>> dates of any items inside the sub-folder?
>>> That is if any inside item inside multiple levels of sub-folder is
>>> modified and updated, how can I make the Date Modified updated for all
>>> the upper levels folders, or just the top level folder?

Adam Johnson

Re: how to update the top folder Date Modified
How do you search for files with modified Date after a specific date, for
example, Feb 10, 2010?

<.> wrote in message news:u$Gv3ieqKHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Use Search

Re: how to update the top folder Date Modified
Click Advanced then fill the date in.

--
..