Sorting, Grouping and Stacking

Fruit2O

Sorting, Grouping and Stacking
I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the
movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date
options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the
column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the
same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution.

PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that far yet.

Re: Sorting, Grouping and Stacking
"Fruit2O" <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in message
>I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the
> movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date
> options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the
> column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the
> same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution.
>
> PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that far yet.

IF you happen to have put the movie clips into the directory in the
same order the movie clips were taken, try this before you give up:

Open that directory. Write down the pattern on labels for the columns,
the triangles pointing up, and the triangles pointing down, in case you
later
decide to change it back.

Then click on the label "Date modified" to see one of the patterns of
sorting
by that column. Then repeat this step up to three times if you want to see
the other three patterns available.

Then choose one of the patterns, and click on that header only enough
times more to reach that pattern.

Robert Miles

The Learner

Re: Sorting, Grouping and Stacking
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 23:38:05 -0600, <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net>
wrote:

>"Fruit2O" <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:fc4fm51sn7lmmil4mnadk792gcb2qssu1h@4ax.com.. .
>>I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the
>> movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date
>> options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the
>> column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the
>> same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution.
>>
>> PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that far yet.

>IF you happen to have put the movie clips into the directory in the
>same order the movie clips were taken, try this before you give up:
>
>Open that directory. Write down the pattern on labels for the columns,
>the triangles pointing up, and the triangles pointing down, in case you
>later
>decide to change it back.
>
>Then click on the label "Date modified" to see one of the patterns of
>sorting
>by that column. Then repeat this step up to three times if you want to see
>the other three patterns available.
>
>Then choose one of the patterns, and click on that header only enough
>times more to reach that pattern.
>
>Robert Miles

Sorry, but I JUST read your post. I'll try what you suggest - but I
don't understand the logic.