return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XP Pro

stumped-in-excel

return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XP Pro
I'm trying to learn Vista after many successful years using XP - and the
thought process behind this software just doesn't make sense. If BMW came
out with a new car like MS designs new software - the steering wheel would be
in the back seat and the gas pedal would be in the trunk.

So many easy and intuitive features worked so well that you have made so
obtuse and counter intuitive.

I'm trying to find all thes jpg I modified within the past month - I don't
store these in Pictures but in specific folders with appropriate names.
However the Search feature activated by the Start button doesn't allow for
this type of search. And the Navigation Pane is not intuitive either.

You should have done better!

By the way - I'm the network admin for my company and the help desk contact.
I'm not someone looking for ANY KEY. I've been recommending to management
that they NOTupgrade from their XP PRO OS / Windows Standard Server network
because of these issues.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities... e_management
Hank Arnold

Re: return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XPPro
stumped-in-excel wrote:
> I'm trying to learn Vista after many successful years using XP - and the
> thought process behind this software just doesn't make sense. If BMW came
> out with a new car like MS designs new software - the steering wheel would be
> in the back seat and the gas pedal would be in the trunk.
>
> So many easy and intuitive features worked so well that you have made so
> obtuse and counter intuitive.
>
> I'm trying to find all thes jpg I modified within the past month - I don't
> store these in Pictures but in specific folders with appropriate names.
> However the Search feature activated by the Start button doesn't allow for
> this type of search. And the Navigation Pane is not intuitive either.
>
> You should have done better!
>
> By the way - I'm the network admin for my company and the help desk contact.
> I'm not someone looking for ANY KEY. I've been recommending to management
> that they NOTupgrade from their XP PRO OS / Windows Standard Server network
> because of these issues.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... e_management

Have you looked at or tried Windows 7? I've been using it at work for
months now with no problems whatsoever. They've done a good job
improving the search function. I actually like it more that the old XP
search function.

Try evaluating a migration to W7. You might actually like it.... ;-)

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
pacinitaly

Re: return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XP Pro

try these, I use them everyday!

'Super Finder 1.5.3.0 Free Download'
(http://freemedia.realgage.com/super-finder-1530.html)

'Locate32 Web Site - Downloads'
(http://locate32.net/content/view/18/31/)

--
pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no

If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
a drunken sailor
Donald Lessau

Re: return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XP Pro
"stumped-in-excel" <stumpedinexcel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:9D7F95F2-6E01-4970-B1BE-DF8C72AB34C8@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to learn Vista after many successful years using XP - and the
> thought process behind this software just doesn't make sense. If BMW
> came
> out with a new car like MS designs new software - the steering wheel would
> be
> in the back seat and the gas pedal would be in the trunk.
>
> So many easy and intuitive features worked so well that you have made so
> obtuse and counter intuitive.

You should like this then:

Finding Files with XYplorer
http://www.xyplorer.com/tour/index.php?page=find