Explorer views change from saved settings randomly

Adam Sandler

Explorer views change from saved settings randomly
Hello:

I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Basic. From Explorer, I have set the
view for files and folders to details, sorted by type, and in Tools |
Folder Options | View and clicked on Apply to Folders.

The problem I'm having is every now and again, Explorer decides to
display it how it it wants... often showing my files in the large icon
view, and putting the tags, rating, and date taken columns in the
view... even for exe files... what does date taken have to do with an
executable?

This is really starting to p!ss me off. Even if I only have one
explorer window open, and I set up all my preferences and apply that
to all the folders, sometime in the future, Explorer will change how
the windows are displayed.

I've never seen this happen on any other MS OS... just Vista!

Any suggestions pertaining to how I can keep Explorer from changing
the views randomly is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
CrucialHoax

Re: Explorer views change from saved settings randomly

Adam Sandler;1199907 Wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Basic. From Explorer, I have set the
> view for files and folders to details, sorted by type, and in Tools |
> Folder Options | View and clicked on Apply to Folders.
>
> The problem I'm having is every now and again, Explorer decides to
> display it how it it wants... often showing my files in the large icon
> view, and putting the tags, rating, and date taken columns in the
> view... even for exe files... what does date taken have to do with an
> executable?
>
> This is really starting to p!ss me off. Even if I only have one
> explorer window open, and I set up all my preferences and apply that
> to all the folders, sometime in the future, Explorer will change how
> the windows are displayed.
>
> I've never seen this happen on any other MS OS... just Vista!
>
> Any suggestions pertaining to how I can keep Explorer from changing
> the views randomly is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Hopefully this helps. Worked for me when I was running Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

--
CrucialHoax
Adam Sandler

Re: Explorer views change from saved settings randomly

> Hopefully this helps. Worked for me when I was running Vista
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...r-folder-view-...
>
> --
> CrucialHoax

Thanks for the link!!!

I used to have a VB script to change the setting... as as the settings
were stored in the registry in pre-Vista days.

In Vista, my script doesn't work anymore. In Vista if I do a file
diff on the registry before and after changing the folder view
settings, there isn't a change. So I have no idea where these
settings are being written! Ugh.

Thanks again for the link.

Adam Sandler;1199991 Wrote:

> > > Hopefully this helps. Worked for me when I was running Vista
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...r-folder-view-...
> > >
> > > --
> > > CrucialHoax > >

> Thanks for the link!!!
>
> I used to have a VB script to change the setting... as as the
> settings
> were stored in the registry in pre-Vista days.
>
> In Vista, my script doesn't work anymore. In Vista if I do a file
> diff on the registry before and after changing the folder view
> settings, there isn't a change. So I have no idea where these
> settings are being written! Ugh.
>
> Thanks again for the link.

No problem

--