Copying into System Folder

xochie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Copying into System Folder
Hey there, I was wondering how do you give yourself permission to copy into a system folder in Vista? Thanks.
Bob

Re: Copying into System Folder
Accessing System Folders with the Shell Command in Windows Vista

http://commandwindows.com/shell.htm

"xochie" <xochie.42e3we@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hey there, I was wondering how do you give yourself permission to -copy-
> into a system folder in Vista? Thanks.
>

> --
> xochie

xochie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Copying into System Folder
No, I can get inside the folder, no problem, but when I try and paste into the folder it says "Destination Folder Access Denied; You need permission to perform this action."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Accessing System Folders with the Shell Command in Windows Vista

Accessing System Folders with the Shell Command in Windows Vista

"xochie" <xochie.42e3we@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hey there, I was wondering how do you give yourself permission to -copy-
> into a system folder in Vista? Thanks.
>

> --
> xochie

Bob

Re: Copying into System Folder
Try this:

Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista
http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm

"xochie" <xochie.42g005@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> No, I can get -inside- the folder, no problem, but when I try and paste
> into the folder it says "Destination Folder Access Denied; You need
> permission to perform this action."
>
> Bob;1612466 Wrote:
>> Accessing System Folders with the Shell Command in Windows Vista
>>
>> 'Accessing System Folders with the Shell Command in Windows Vista'
>> (http://commandwindows.com/shell.htm)
>>

>> "xochie" <xochie.42e3we@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hey there, I was wondering how do you give yourself permission to

>> -copy-
>> > into a system folder in Vista? Thanks.
>> >

>> > --
>> > xochie

> xochie

xochie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Copying into System Folder
It still doesn't work. I've gained ownership of the system folder and I still can't paste anything into it. Thanks for the really neat tip though.
Bob

Re: Copying into System Folder
YW

***When responding to posts, please include the post(s) you are replying to
so that others may learn and benefit from the issue.***

"xochie" <xochie.42gi0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> It still doesn't work. I've gained ownership of the system folder and I
> still can't paste anything into it. Thanks for the really neat tip
> though.
>

> --
> xochie

mangcham is on a distinguished road