How to get files out of subfolders?

anh

How to get files out of subfolders?

Two file management situations I'd like help with:

1) I have dozens of files in many subfolders within a particular
folder. I'd like to get the files out of those subfolders and put them
all in the root folder without having to go into each folder and move
them myself, but I can't quite see how to do that in Windows Explorer.
Does anyone know a smart way to do this?

2) A similar case that sometimes occurs: I again have lots of files in
subfolders which I would like to put together in one place. The
difference from the first situation is that the subfolders are in
different folders, rather than all being in one folder.

Again, does anyone know a smart way to get these files out of the
subfolders?

Thanks for any tips.

--
anh

-Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
DL

Re: How to get files out of subfolders?
Depends how comfortable you are with scripts or batch files and the command
prompt

"anh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Two file management situations I'd like help with:
>
> 1) I have dozens of files in many subfolders within a particular
> folder. I'd like to get the files out of those subfolders and put them
> all in the root folder without having to go into each folder and move
> them myself, but I can't quite see how to do that in Windows Explorer.
> Does anyone know a smart way to do this?
>
> 2) A similar case that sometimes occurs: I again have lots of files in
> subfolders which I would like to put together in one place. The
> difference from the first situation is that the subfolders are in
> different folders, rather than all being in one folder.
>
> Again, does anyone know a smart way to get these files out of the
> subfolders?
>
> Thanks for any tips.
>

> --
> anh
>
> -Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-

anh

Re: How to get files out of subfolders?

After I wrote my post, I had a rethink and found a way which is simple
and which works.

1) Run a search in the folder(s) where the files in the subfolders are
located. Eg search for *.pdf. Check the box for searching in subfolders.

2) Copy all the files that show up in the search results box and move
them to a new folder.

3) Delete all the files in the original folders, again selecting them
from the search results box.

Done!