Problem opening existing files by clicking

smuthler

Problem opening existing files by clicking

My computer has begun giving me an error message when I try to
double-click on a filename, in Word and in Excel, particularly. It
says "Window cannot find 'C:Users\Steve\AppData..." and then states
"Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

It really cramps my ability to access files on my computer at work,
from home...

Any thoughts?

Steve

--
smuthler
Bob

Re: Problem opening existing files by clicking
Have you recently installed any programs?

What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed? There
are some that cause problems which do not appear immediately.

"smuthler" <smuthler-DELETETHIS@jsasd.k12.pa.us> wrote in message

> My computer has begun giving me an error message when I try to
> double-click on a filename, in Word and in Excel, particularly. It
> says "Window cannot find 'C:Users\Steve\AppData..." and then states
> "Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
>
> It really cramps my ability to access files on my computer at work,
> from home...
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Steve
>

> --
> smuthler

CrucialHoax

smuthler;1188512 Wrote:
> My computer has begun giving me an error message when I try to
> double-click on a filename, in Word and in Excel, particularly. It
> says "Window cannot find 'C:Users\Steve\AppData..." and then states
> "Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
>
> It really cramps my ability to access files on my computer at work,
> from home...
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Steve
>

> --
> smuthler

Sounds to me like the directory that everything was saved in was either
moved or deleted.

--
CrucialHoax
smuthler

Re: Problem opening existing files by clicking

Thanks for the quick reply...

I have had Norton 360 installed for about 6 months. No firewall
active.

Any other suggestions?

Steve

--
smuthler
Bob

Re: Problem opening existing files by clicking
Norton is likely causing your problem.
Replace Norton with the free AVG http://free.grisoft.com/ or Avast
Defender. Disabling Norton is not enough. You need to completely uninstall
it. If it doesn't solve the problem, get rid of Norton anyway. Norton is
known to cause many problems which don't always appear immediately.
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool.