Find files and folders

Desmond

Find files and folders
Find files and folders date modified etc.
This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?

Badger

Re: Find files and folders
If you hit the ALT button and click EDIT, you will see FIND on the drop down
menu.
This is a little different from the original.

"Desmond" <otuatail@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Find files and folders date modified etc.
> This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?

whs

Re: Find files and folders

Badger;1183802 Wrote:
> If you hit the ALT button and click EDIT, you will see FIND on the drop
> down
> menu.
> This is a little different from the original.
>
> "Desmond" <otuatail@newsgroup> wrote in message
> news:ebe44050-4e1d-4376-a9e9-946d2b77b15a@newsgroup> > >
> > > Find files and folders date modified etc.
> > > This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?

Check this out: 'How to Find Files Quicker and More Efficiently with
Vista'
(http://www.brighthub.com/computing/w...les/25702.aspx)

--
whs
Desmond

Re: Find files and folders
On Nov 4, 8:29*pm, "Badger" <jerry...@msn.com> wrote:
> If you hit the ALT button and click EDIT, you will see FIND on the drop down
> menu.
> This is a little different from the original.
>
> "Desmond" <otuat...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > Find files and folders *date modified etc.
> > This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?- Hide quoted text -

If you Hit the ALT button?
This is new to MS. Normaly you have to hold down the ALT key and then
HIT another key on the keybourd.
I did HIT the Alt button. Nothing happened
Badger

Re: Find files and folders
If you hit the ALT button you should see another bar just above the tool
bar, this has always worked in XP & Vista as well as in Windows 7.

> On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, "Badger" <jerry...@msn.com> wrote:
>> If you hit the ALT button and click EDIT, you will see FIND on the drop
>> down
>> menu.
>> This is a little different from the original.
>>
>> "Desmond" <otuat...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> > Find files and folders date modified etc.
>> > This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?- Hide quoted text -

> If you Hit the ALT button?
> This is new to MS. Normaly you have to hold down the ALT key and then
> HIT another key on the keybourd.
> I did HIT the Alt button. Nothing happened

MilesAhead

Re: Find files and folders

Desmond;1183784 Wrote:
> Find files and folders date modified etc.
> This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?

If you use Everything Search instead you'll find your hard drive
doesn't run on all the time. Everything Search is free and only works
on NTFS partitions. It uses the file system journaling to get updates of
file system changes instead of API notifications that cause your drive
to be indexed yet again.

Way better.
Unless of course you are not running NTFS.

--
MilesAhead

"I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty."
- Groucho Marx
R. C. White

Re: Find files and folders
Hi, Desmond.

The WLM Team decided that the familiar Menu Bar was just wasted real estate,
so they decided to hide it, by default. Many WLM users still haven't found
out how to show it, and we get questions about it every day.

To show the Menu Bar temporarily, just press <Alt>. To toggle it on
semi-permanently, use <Alt>=M, M.

This is the Menu Bar (with File, Edit, View, etc.), which is not the same as
the customizable Toolbar. I don't recall the default buttons on the Toolbar
because I changed them long ago; mine currently starts with New, Reply
group, Forward, Print...

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA