Missing torrent files

Zilius

Missing torrent files

I recently torrent a file which seems to be missing from my pc. One of
the solution proposed by some of the older forum thread includes
selecting compatibility files. I'm not sure what they meant by
compatibility files? I'm using vista x64 and I checked everywhere but I
can't seem to find what they are talking about.

some sources says it might be in the temporary internet folders. my
folder properties tell me it has 4gb+ of data in there, which is about
the same size as the file I torent, but when I open the folder there
seems to be only text files coming up to a couple of mb.

If anybody knows any solution help me out please

--
Zilius
oreo27

Re: Missing torrent files

Zilius;1180012 Wrote:
> I recently torrent a file which seems to be missing from my pc. One of
> the solution proposed by some of the older forum thread includes
> selecting compatibility files. I'm not sure what they meant by
> compatibility files? I'm using vista x64 and I checked everywhere but I
> can't seem to find what they are talking about.
>
> some sources says it might be in the temporary internet folders. my
> folder properties tell me it has 4gb+ of data in there, which is about
> the same size as the file I torent, but when I open the folder there
> seems to be only text files coming up to a couple of mb.
>
> If anybody knows any solution help me out please

Hi,

On the desktop press Windows key + F3 Which will bring up the search
box. In the search box make sure you select the entire computer to be
searched. Then copy and paste the next line I'm going to type in the
search field. After that press enter or search

*.torrent

^
^
^

Copy the above line and I hope this helps. Good luck

--
oreo27

It's going to be Legend... Wait for it, wait for it.... dary.
Follow the bro code. It WILL save your life.
Zilius

Re: Missing torrent files

No go, no sign of it =(

--
Zilius
oreo27

Re: Missing torrent files

Zilius;1180210 Wrote:
> No go, no sign of it =(

I'm guessing the torrent has been permanently deleted. What's the
torrent anyway? If you don't mind me asking. Maybe I can get another
copy of it

--
oreo27

It's going to be Legend... Wait for it, wait for it.... dary.
Follow the bro code. It WILL save your life.
Zilius

Re: Missing torrent files

Solved, it was in temporary Internet files all along. =(

vista apparently has a lot of safeguards within the TIF, its a long
winded step to open it folder by subfolder(have to go through dos to
delete some destop hidden file etc etc). However one guy suggest i copy
the exact address, and it was there all along, even though searching the
whole computer failed to find it.

thanks for your help anyway. have a nice day =)

--
Zilius
oreo27

Re: Missing torrent files

Zilius;1180237 Wrote:
> Solved, it was in temporary Internet files all along. =(
>
> vista apparently has a lot of safeguards within the TIF, its a long
> winded step to open it folder by subfolder(have to go through dos to
> delete some destop hidden file etc etc). However one guy suggest i copy
> the exact address, and it was there all along, even though searching the
> whole computer failed to find it.
>
> thanks for your help anyway. have a nice day =)

Hey, it's nice to hear you have it again. No problem buddy, you too

--
oreo27

It's going to be Legend... Wait for it, wait for it.... dary.
Follow the bro code. It WILL save your life.
R. C. White

Re: Missing torrent files
Hi, Zilius.

The TIF is best managed from inside Internet Explorer. Click Tools |
Internet Options. On the first tab, General, it's under Browsing History in
IE8; I've already forgotten what IE7 called it. But click the Settings
button there. In the next window you should see buttons to Move folder,
View objects and View files. This is where I bail out on you because I
always get lost after this point - except that I did long ago move my TIF to
another volume.

I learned many Windows/IE versions ago that files in the TIF are not
"normal". That "Content.IE5" folder is WEIRD! There are always 4
randomly-named folders and all seem to have mostly identical content.
Trying to find and delete a file in a Command Prompt window gets me into "a
maze of twisty little passages, all alike", to quote the ancient Adventure
game. :>( I try never to go in there!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

R. C. White;1180415 Wrote:
> Hi, Zilius.
>
> The TIF is best managed from inside Internet Explorer. Click Tools |
> Internet Options. On the first tab, General, it's under Browsing
> History in
> IE8; I've already forgotten what IE7 called it. But click the
> Settings
> button there. In the next window you should see buttons to Move
> folder,
> View objects and View files. This is where I bail out on you because
> always get lost after this point - except that I did long ago move my
> TIF to
> another volume.
>
> I learned many Windows/IE versions ago that files in the TIF are not
> "normal". That "Content.IE5" folder is WEIRD! There are always 4
> randomly-named folders and all seem to have mostly identical content.
> Trying to find and delete a file in a Command Prompt window gets me
> into "a
> maze of twisty little passages, all alike", to quote the ancient
> Adventure
> game. :>( I try never to go in there!

Does moving TIF to another volume changes the attribute of TIF?

I agree about the content.IE5 folder, noticed some totally random data
from ages before stored in there as well. However the folder is hidden no
matter how I mess with folder options. The only way I found so far to
access this file is if you type the full address linking to the IE5
folder, which then miraculously opens up.

--
Zilius
R. C. White

Re: Missing torrent files
Hi, Zilius.

> Does moving TIF to another volume changes the attribute of TIF?

No. All it does is keep the TIF from using up disk space on the boot
volume, typically Drive C:. Many users need more room on that drive.

This can be even more helpful for those of us who dual-boot. We can point
IE from each of our OSes to the same folder on the "neutral" drive. (I put
them all into E:\TempInet.) Then check the box in Tools | Internet Options
| Advanced that says to Empty the TIF when the browser is closed. Since we
can't be running two OSes at once, each can use the same TIF without
conflict.

RC