Windows 7

Brinner

Windows 7
I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being
that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file
back.

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Windows 7
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:33:04 GMT, "Brinner" <u55655@uwe> wrote:

> I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being
> that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file
> back.

Please answer the following questions:

Exactly what edition of what version of Windows did you start with?

Exactly what version of Windows 7 did you try to upgrade to?

Exactly how did you try to do the upgrade?

What was the exact verbatim text of the error message you received?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Brinner

Re: Windows 7
Hi Ken I started with Winows Vista Home Premium. The upgrade was to Windows
7 Home Premium, I followed the text that came with the disk there were two of
these one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit which my computer is running on Vista.
That is 32 bit I did a check to see if my computer was compatable and all is
o.k. I cannot remember the exact text but it said something like the file was
missing or corrupt I will try again tomorrow and I will make a note of what
it said thanks for your interest I hope to here from you again. Bryan

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>> I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being
>> that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file
>> back.

>Please answer the following questions:
>
>Exactly what edition of what version of Windows did you start with?
>
>Exactly what version of Windows 7 did you try to upgrade to?
>
>Exactly how did you try to do the upgrade?
>
>What was the exact verbatim text of the error message you received?

pacinitaly

Re: Windows 7

*x8007075*

Is this not an error _msg_ not a _file_?

--
pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no

If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
a drunken sailor
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Windows 7
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:56:19 GMT, "Brinner" <u55655@uwe> wrote:

> Hi Ken I started with Winows Vista Home Premium. The upgrade was to Windows
> 7 Home Premium, I followed the text that came with the disk there were two of
> these one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit which my computer is running on Vista.
> That is 32 bit ...

Sorry, I'm getting lost in those last two sentences. But let me make
it clear that you can *not upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit
or vice versa. When you do an upgrade, you have to keep the "bitness"
the same.

> I did a check to see if my computer was compatable and all is
> o.k. I cannot remember the exact text but it said something like the file was
> missing or corrupt I will try again tomorrow and I will make a note of what
> it said thanks for your interest I hope to here from you again. Bryan
>
> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> >> I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being
> >> that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file
> >> back.

> >Please answer the following questions:
> >
> >Exactly what edition of what version of Windows did you start with?
> >
> >Exactly what version of Windows 7 did you try to upgrade to?
> >
> >Exactly how did you try to do the upgrade?
> >
> >What was the exact verbatim text of the error message you received?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Brinner via WindowsKB.com

Re: Windows 7
Ken my system uses 32 bit of which I used the 32 bit disk sorry for the
confusion

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>> Hi Ken I started with Winows Vista Home Premium. The upgrade was to Windows
>> 7 Home Premium, I followed the text that came with the disk there were two of
>> these one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit which my computer is running on Vista.
>> That is 32 bit ...

>Sorry, I'm getting lost in those last two sentences. But let me make
>it clear that you can *not upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit
>or vice versa. When you do an upgrade, you have to keep the "bitness"
>the same.
>
>> I did a check to see if my computer was compatable and all is
>> o.k. I cannot remember the exact text but it said something like the file was

>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> >
>> >What was the exact verbatim text of the error message you received?

Brinner via WindowsKB.com

Re: Windows 7
I will try again tomorrow and I will make a note of what it actually said AND
i WILL LET YOU KNOW.

pacinitaly wrote:
>*x8007075*
>
>Is this not an error _msg_ not a _file_?

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Windows 7
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:28:11 GMT, "Brinner via WindowsKB.com"
<u55655@uwe> wrote:

> Ken my system uses 32 bit of which I used the 32 bit disk sorry for the
> confusion

So let me make sure I understand you: you are trying to upgrade from a
32-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium to a 32-bit version of
Windows 7 Home Premium. Is that correct?

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> >> Hi Ken I started with Winows Vista Home Premium. The upgrade was to Windows
> >> 7 Home Premium, I followed the text that came with the disk there were two of
> >> these one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit which my computer is running on Vista.
> >> That is 32 bit ...

> >Sorry, I'm getting lost in those last two sentences. But let me make
> >it clear that you can *not upgrade from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit
> >or vice versa. When you do an upgrade, you have to keep the "bitness"
> >the same.
> >
> >> I did a check to see if my computer was compatable and all is
> >> o.k. I cannot remember the exact text but it said something like the file was

> >[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Brinner via WindowsKB.com

Re: Windows 7