Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Can't Open .MPF File

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management

Speedup My PC
Old 10-22-2009
JamesJ

Can't Open .MPF File
Not sure where to post this but....

I'm trying to download clip art form the ms office web site. But so far
when I try I get a file association error when it tries to open Clipart.mpf.

I don't see the file extension at all in Default Programs.

Any help will be appreciated,
James

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009
LVTravel

Re: Can't Open .MPF File
"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:utVcBrxUKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

James

Do you have any version of Office since 2002 installed and activated? If not it is necessary to install that suite to enable the file association between Office and the clipart gallery.
Old 10-22-2009
JamesJ

I have Offioce Access 2007 installed.

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message news:u1qsCCyUKHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:utVcBrxUKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

James

Do you have any version of Office since 2002 installed and activated? If not it is necessary to install that suite to enable the file association between Office and the clipart gallery.
Old 10-22-2009
LVTravel

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:eyp8kVyUKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message news:u1qsCCyUKHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

James

See this article about using clipart outside of an Office program. I can not see where a standalone version of Access can access the clipart gallery which would be required to be installed on the computer to access the clipart. The file extension you mentioned refers to clipart that is downloaded when the computer does not have an applicable Office program installed from the information I am reading on the internet.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...528771033.aspx

If you don't have the program that this article points to you need to Google (outside of Microsoft) for ways to pull the actual graphic file out of the .mfp file.
Old 10-22-2009
JamesJ

Thanks for pointing me to that page.
The Clip Organizer didn't get installed when I install Access.
I'm assuming I did a custom install and set the group to 'Not Installed'.
I can blame my cat, but.
I did that with the Proofing too.
I ran setup and everything is fine now.

Thanks much,
James
"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message news:%23$3TVH0UKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:eyp8kVyUKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

James

See this article about using clipart outside of an Office program. I can not see where a standalone version of Access can access the clipart gallery which would be required to be installed on the computer to access the clipart. The file extension you mentioned refers to clipart that is downloaded when the computer does not have an applicable Office program installed from the information I am reading on the internet.

If you don't have the program that this article points to you need to Google (outside of Microsoft) for ways to pull the actual graphic file out of the .mfp file.
Old 10-22-2009
LVTravel

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:up1H7u0UKHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Thanks for pointing me to that page.
The Clip Organizer didn't get installed when I install Access.
I'm assuming I did a custom install and set the group to 'Not Installed'.
I can blame my cat, but.
I did that with the Proofing too.
I ran setup and everything is fine now.

Thanks much,
James
"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message news:%23$3TVH0UKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

James

Glad you got everything sorted out. Thanks for posting back.