Can't Open .MPF File

JamesJ

Can't Open .MPF File
Not sure where to post this but....

I'm trying to download clip art form the ms office web site. But so far
when I try I get a file association error when it tries to open Clipart.mpf.

I don't see the file extension at all in Default Programs.

Any help will be appreciated,
James

LVTravel

Re: Can't Open .MPF File
"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:utVcBrxUKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Not sure where to post this but....

I'm trying to download clip art form the ms office web site. But so far
when I try I get a file association error when it tries to open Clipart.mpf.

I don't see the file extension at all in Default Programs.

Any help will be appreciated,
James

Do you have any version of Office since 2002 installed and activated? If not it is necessary to install that suite to enable the file association between Office and the clipart gallery.

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:eyp8kVyUKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
I have Offioce Access 2007 installed.

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message news:u1qsCCyUKHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:utVcBrxUKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
Not sure where to post this but....

I'm trying to download clip art form the ms office web site. But so far
when I try I get a file association error when it tries to open Clipart.mpf.

I don't see the file extension at all in Default Programs.

Any help will be appreciated,
James

Do you have any version of Office since 2002 installed and activated? If not it is necessary to install that suite to enable the file association between Office and the clipart gallery.

See this article about using clipart outside of an Office program. I can not see where a standalone version of Access can access the clipart gallery which would be required to be installed on the computer to access the clipart. The file extension you mentioned refers to clipart that is downloaded when the computer does not have an applicable Office program installed from the information I am reading on the internet.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...528771033.aspx

If you don't have the program that this article points to you need to Google (outside of Microsoft) for ways to pull the actual graphic file out of the .mfp file.
JamesJ

Re: Can't Open .MPF File
Thanks for pointing me to that page.
The Clip Organizer didn't get installed when I install Access.
I'm assuming I did a custom install and set the group to 'Not Installed'.
I can blame my cat, but.
I did that with the Proofing too.
I ran setup and everything is fine now.

Thanks much,
James

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:up1H7u0UKHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
[...]

Glad you got everything sorted out. Thanks for posting back.