Vista File Backup - Help

Bendort is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista File Backup - Help
Hi,

I'm running Windows vista 64 bit and I have a 600Gb hard drive, I've also brought a 1tb external drive to use for backing up. However within a month Windows Vista has already filled my 1Tb external drive and has now stopped backing up my files (note: it's only file backup not full OS back up) - which is crazy - rather than delete some old backups and overwrite them with a new backup it feels it's more important to keep the old ones and refuse to make a new back up - Is this logical in any sense? It's told me to free some space but what backup files can I safely delete and how do I set windows to only keep a record of backups to a maximum of say 700Gb? The Backup utility has such a small amount of options it seems really terrible. If the answer is just that Vista's utility is crappy please can someone suggest something better. I use backup for emergencies, i.e. harddisk failure so do not need to have a backup for every day of my entire life, a week is fine, when will I ever think, "1st of August 2006 that seems a good day to restore to"? Never, the answer is never.

Cheers,
Ben
DL

Re: Vista File Backup - Help
It depends what type of backup, incremental or full.
Personnally I use Acronis TI