How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu?

anh

How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu?

I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is
there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use?
Thanks for any help/suggestions.

--
anh

-Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
Malke

Re: How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu?
anh wrote:

> I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is
> there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use?
> Thanks for any help/suggestions.

ShellExView (free) - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Bob

Re: How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu?
FileMenu Tools freeware.

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/index.html

"anh" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is
> there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use?
> Thanks for any help/suggestions.
>

> --
> anh
>
> -Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-

anh

Re: How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu?

Ok, thanks for both replies. I've downloaded both programs and they seem
to be good, but to be honest I'm not quite sure what I should be
disabling. There are quite a few entries I don't understand. I'll fiddle
about with them and see what happens.

anh wrote:

> Ok, thanks for both replies. I've downloaded both programs and they seem
> to be good, but to be honest I'm not quite sure what I should be
> disabling. There are quite a few entries I don't understand. I'll fiddle
> about with them and see what happens.

A disaster waiting to happen - someone who doesn't understand what he is
looking at who decides to plunge right in. I'm not saying that to hurt your
feelings but the next post after a post like yours is usually, "Help! I did
something and I don't know what I did!".

The only things you should disable are context menu extensions from third-
party companies. For example, if right-clicking on an image file gives you
the choice of doing something with it in Paint Shop Pro and you don't want
this, then the Paint Shop Pro entry is going to show up and you can disable
it.

Look before you leap. Google for things you don't understand so there are no
Tears Before Bedtime. Just sayin'....

Malke