Annoing behavior when viewing folders

fbernaus

Annoing behavior when viewing folders

From time to time my Windows Vista seems to forget my folders settings
and changes its properties. I like to see ALL my folders like regular
folders, i.e. file name, last modified date, size and type. All of a
sudden some or all of the folders change to 'Image and videos', why the
hell would I want to know when a Word document was captured with my
camera (if this makes any sense)? then I go to options, properties and
reset it on the 'custom' or 'personalization' tab. No matter if I chose
to do it on the parent folder and have it propagated to its children,
one day will come and this setting will be lost.

Sorry my OS is in Spanish but to ilustrate this here you can see a
"Rating" column, commonly used for photographs - this is so silly it
won't let me rate a PDF file!

I am a heavy user of Vista ever since it was launched, I used it at
home and at work and this is one of those most desperating behaviors
which have made me hate this OS.

|Filename: folder_view.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16423|

fbernaus
Brink

Re: Annoing behavior when viewing folders

Hello Fbernaus,

You can use the download in METHOD TWO of the tutorial below to reset
all folder view settings to have the "Details" view and remember your
setting changes.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
fbernaus

Re: Annoing behavior when viewing folders

Thank you for replying this fast. So I was not wrong believing this was
a problem with Vista, I'll carefully follow your instructions and once
again: thanks!

--
fbernaus
Brink

Re: Annoing behavior when viewing folders

You're welcome.

No, you're not wrong. Vista has always had a bit of a issue with
remembering folder view settings properly.