Hi to all! i really need help here T_T

gemdse

Hi to all! i really need help here T_T

Just lately my loptop got infected by a virus. I cleaned it up to fix
it. Now, when i rebooted my loptop, windows doesnt work anymore.
Everytime i log-in to my user account, a pop-up window appears saying

"C:\Windows\System32\SCVHSOT.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

T_T sob.. sob.. need help please

--
gemdse
LenaBru

Re: Hi to all! i really need help here T_T

Try running a windows repair process with the windows recovery CD

though be very careful, as one wrong click may cause you to lose your
files

--
LenaBru
gemdse

Re: Hi to all! i really need help here T_T

thank you.. im goin to try that one..

--
gemdse
theog

Re: Hi to all! i really need help here T_T

Hi gemdse

Run Repair your computer, press F8 at start up, or your vista DVD.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html

--
theog
Malke

gemdse wrote:

> Just lately my loptop got infected by a virus. I cleaned it up to fix
> it. Now, when i rebooted my loptop, windows doesnt work anymore.
> Everytime i log-in to my user account, a pop-up window appears saying
>

> "C:\Windows\System32\SCVHSOT.exe
>
> Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
> have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

There is no need to run a repair. You simply have to manage your Startup.
That file belonged to the malware. Either you uninstalled the malware program
or your antivirus/antispyware program did. In any case, a reference was left
to the file in Startup. You can remove the reference by managing your
Startup.

Only do this if you are really sure your computer is clean. If you aren't
sure, refer to the following link to make sure you've been thorough in your
malware removal:

Manage Startup:

Start Orb>Search box>type: msconfig and when it appears in the Results box
above, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator".

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type
the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab. You
don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get a
dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be blocked
by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then tick the box
that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx

Malke
--
MS-MVP