Files does not exists on explorer (vista 64 bits)

Ignacio Carrasquedo

Files does not exists on explorer (vista 64 bits)
Hi i'm using vista 64 Bits, i have an apllication that give me a directory
listing on some files, when i double clicked on it it opens the selected
file, nevertheles the file does not apear in the windows explorer window or
in the dir command
i allready have used dir -a and dir -x , that also happen after unziping a
pkzip self extractor file, the pkzip explorer shows me the new directory but
it does'nt exists on the Dir Command or the vista's explorer tool.

Bob

Re: Files does not exists on explorer (vista 64 bits)
On the View tab make sure you have "show files with known extensions"
ticked.

"Ignacio Carrasquedo" <icarrasquedo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi i'm using vista 64 Bits, i have an apllication that give me a directory
> listing on some files, when i double clicked on it it opens the selected
> file, nevertheles the file does not apear in the windows explorer window
> or in the dir command
> i allready have used dir -a and dir -x , that also happen after unziping a
> pkzip self extractor file, the pkzip explorer shows me the new directory
> but it does'nt exists on the Dir Command or the vista's explorer tool.

R. C. White

Re: Files does not exists on explorer (vista 64 bits)
Hi, Ignacio.

Bob's advice is goo, but remember that Microsoft worded that setting
backwards: :^{

At Folder Options | View, UNcheck the setting that says:
"Hide extensions for known file types"

You might also want to check "Show hidden files, folders, or drives", AND
UNcheck:
"Show protected operating system files (Recommended)"
(You'll need to confirm this last one with Administrator credentials, as I
recall.)

These 3 default settings are some of the first changes that I make each time
I install or re-install Windows Microsoft is trying to protect newbies from
mistakes and confusion, I suppose. But these settings are dangerous, in my
opinion, especially for newbies. They might not realize that a file with an
apparently safe name like "Mom.jpg" might actually be a malware file named
"Mom.jpg.exe", but with the significant ".exe" extension hidden.

In the Command Prompt window, type "dir /?" to see all the switches and
parameters available with the Dir command.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX