windows explorer wont open!!

silvis

windows explorer wont open!!

Whenever I click on any of my folders they just won't open I cant even
right click on them and press open!! no folders wil open it just says
that windows explorer is not responding!! whatcan I do to fix this??

--
silvis
Brink

Re: windows explorer wont open!!

Hello Silvis,

You might see if doing a '*_System_Restore_*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html) at
boot using a restore point dated before you had this error may be able
to fix it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

silvis;1141346 Wrote:
> Whenever I click on any of my folders they just won't open I cant even
> right click on them and press open!! no folders wil open it just says
> that windows explorer is not responding!! whatcan I do to fix this??

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
silvis

Re: windows explorer wont open!!

I already did that and i still have the problem...

--
silvis
Brink

Re: windows explorer wont open!!

You may need to do a clean reinstall of Vista then.

Did you install anything or make any changes before this happened?

silvis;1142018 Wrote:
> I already did that and i still have the problem...

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Bob

Re: windows explorer wont open!!
I don't have my crystal ball handy.

You already did **WHAT**??

***When responding to posts, include the post(s) you are replying to so that
others know WTF you are talking about.***

"silvis" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I already did that and i still have the problem...
>

> --
> silvis

silvis

Brink;1142022 Wrote:
> You may need to do a clean reinstall of Vista then.
>
> Did you install anything or make any changes before this happened?
>
> > silvis;1142018 Wrote:
> > I already did that and i still have the problem...> >

I recently updated my antivirus and ran a full system scan but I alredy
had this problem when i did that. I don't know wether a virus could've
caused this probelm and if theres any way of fixing it without having to
reinstall vista.

--
silvis
Brink

Re: windows explorer wont open!!

Are you able to boot into '*_Safe_Mode_*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...fe-mode.html)? If so, you
can backup anything that you do not want to lose to be safe. Afterwards
try disabling your '*_startup_programs_*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html)
to see if one of them may causing this.

It will probably be faster to do a clean reinstall though if you are
able to backup anything that you do not want to lose, and do not haveto
much of anything else to install and setup afterwards.

silvis;1153770 Wrote:
> > Brink;1142022 Wrote:
> > You may need to do a clean reinstall of Vista then.
> >
> > Did you install anything or make any changes before this happened?

> > > I already did that and i still have the problem...> > > > > >

> I recently updated my antivirus and ran a full system scan but I
> alredy had this problem when i did that. I don't know wether a virus
> could've caused this probelm and if theres any way of fixing it
> without having to reinstall vista.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
silvis

Re: windows explorer wont open!!

Thanx!! I'll backup the files that i dont want to loose and probably
will just reinstall vista

--
silvis