Vista Indexing Service

JamesJ

Vista Indexing Service
Does Vista's Indexing Service effect anything other than searches?
I turned off the Indexing Service and it seems that some features of Vista
takes longer to open. In some cases it might be my imagination but, when
I open, say, 'Programs and Features' it displays the top few programs and
then
it takes about 5 seconds for the rest of the installed programs will show.

Thanks,
James

CrucialHoax

Re: Vista Indexing Service

The indexing service only effects files that were 'indexed' so they can
be found in searches faster. My laptop does the same thing, even my xp
machine with indexing on does it. Nothing to worry about here. Your
better off disabling the index service as the little increase in time
searching is worth the decrease in resource usage and hard drive usage
even at idle...

--
CrucialHoax
JamesJ

Re: Vista Indexing Service
I really don't do many searches so I guess I can do without indexing.

Thanks,
James

"CrucialHoax" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> The indexing service only effects files that were 'indexed' so they can
> be found in searches faster. My laptop does the same thing, even my xp
> machine with indexing on does it. Nothing to worry about here. Your
> better off disabling the index service as the little increase in time
> searching is worth the decrease in resource usage and hard drive usage
> even at idle...
>

> --
> CrucialHoax

John Galt

Re: Vista Indexing Service
"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@roadrunner.com> wrote:

>I really don't do many searches so I guess I can do without indexing.

I don't do many either, but when I do... Agentransack.

Google it. Free.

>Thanks,
>James
>
>"CrucialHoax" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> The indexing service only effects files that were 'indexed' so they can
>> be found in searches faster. My laptop does the same thing, even my xp
>> machine with indexing on does it. Nothing to worry about here. Your
>> better off disabling the index service as the little increase in time
>> searching is worth the decrease in resource usage and hard drive usage
>> even at idle...
>>

>> --
>> CrucialHoax

JamesJ