why can't I re-install game?

canabear's Avatar

canabear is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why can't I re-install game?
tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a brand new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP machine. driving me crazy....
thanks in advance y'all
Peter Foldes

Re: why can't I re-install game?
Contact the Game manufacturer for info

--
Peter

"canabear" <canabear.3yhhg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista
> won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a brand
> new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP
> machine. driving me crazy....
> thanks in advance y'all
>

> --
> canabear

canabear's Avatar

canabear is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: why can't I re-install game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Foldes View Post
Contact the Game manufacturer for info

--
Peter

"canabear" <canabear.3yhhg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista
> won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a brand
> new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP
> machine. driving me crazy....
> thanks in advance y'all
>

> --

> canabear

tried contacting manufacturer, and, as per usual, said it wasn't related to them. try your OS. hmm, pass the buck time I see. so, vista saves copies of games... and the game manufacturer (microsoft) for once tuns a blind eye? only for vista I suppose.
David B.

Re: why can't I re-install game?
That's generally how tech support works these days. Try the games online
support forum or google. Worst case post to an appropriate group on here
such as vista.games

--

------
"canabear" <canabear.3yhocf@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Peter Foldes;1558743 Wrote:
>> Contact the Game manufacturer for info
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "canabear" <canabear.3yhhg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista
>> > won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a

>> brand
>> > new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP
>> > machine. driving me crazy....
>> > thanks in advance y'all
>> >

>> > --

>> > canabear
>> >

> tried contacting manufacturer, and, as per usual, said it wasn't
> related to them. try your OS. hmm, pass the buck time I see. so, vista
> saves copies of games... and the game manufacturer (microsoft) for once
> tuns a blind eye? only for vista I suppose.
>

> --
> canabear

canabear's Avatar

canabear is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: why can't I re-install game?
will possibly try games forum, lest I be known as a hacker ......
bad map(only one) indeed and yes I am confused, as it happened on my XP laptop 2 yrs ago, and I was able to fix it. but this is on a brand new comp with vista. same copy of game.
David B.

Re: why can't I re-install game?
You have yet to mention the game, check for a patch or upgrade for Vista
compatibility.

--

------
"canabear" <canabear.3yikc2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> will possibly try games forum, lest I be known as a hacker ......
> bad map(only one) indeed and yes I am confused, as it
> happened on my XP laptop 2 yrs ago, and I was able to fix it. but this
> is on a brand new comp with vista. same copy of game.
>

> --
> canabear

canabear's Avatar

canabear is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: why can't I re-install game?
problem fixed
just changed values in cab files on game disc.. duh...
now it worx fine. didn't want to do that but c'est la vie.
thx all