Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong?

trulyblest

Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong?

Hi!
I just finished cleaning multiple infections from my brother's
computer. (Vista Home Premium 64 bit) I then went here to follow
Microsoft's suggestion for a fix to the registry due to error 1606:

'You receive an \"Error 1606\" error message when you try to install or
remove a Microsoft program' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549)
I did make a backup as suggested. Now I am having problems opening My
documents folder and ran across this (different than microsoft, but
makes more sense):

'How to move the special folders in Windows Vista'
(http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html)

Is seems that the registry edit for microsoft is wrong, because where
it states:
PersonalREG_EXPAND_SZ%USERPROFILE%\PrintHoodPrintH ood%USERPROFILE%\Documents

Now, it is calling my documents by the word
\"PRINTHOOD\" Please help :huh:

Which one is correct?? Also, I don't want to roll back to file
because I am completely finished and no more malware, just this one
problem. Thanks! Sorry, when I copied/pasted this shifted
over.......arrghh, what a day

--
trulyblest
Sonny Wortzik

Re: Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong?
trulyblest <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>I just finished cleaning multiple infections from my brother's

[snip]

Wanna try a third time?

Patience, please.
trulyblest

Re: Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong?

I didn't mean to post it twice, I am not impatient, just computer
brained :huh:
I hit the refresh button after I edited my post and accidently posted
again. Sorry about that!

--
trulyblest
trulyblest

Re: Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong?

Good news, I figured it out by myself. I just exported the registry key
from a good vista system and imported it into the bad computer. All is
working fine. However, I still think Microsoft's registry edit fix is
incorrect. Not that I am all that smart

--
trulyblest
NetLink_Blue

"trulyblest" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Good news, I figured it out by myself. I just exported the registry key
> from a good vista system and imported it into the bad computer. All is
> working fine. However, I still think Microsoft's registry edit fix is
> incorrect. Not that I am all that smart
>

> --
> trulyblest

Congratulations on having all your hard work pay off. Smart move above to
finalize a hairball problem.

If all is well, maybe enjoy the taste of success. You may never get to the
bottom of this registry mystery.

Net Blue