Cannot delete file !! Help

akshatm

Cannot delete file !! Help

im working on vista home premium 32bit.
i downloaded a flv file which seems to be corrupt. now a cannot delete
the file.. i tried deleteing it from the command prompt, tried using the
software 'eraser'. i cant even move the file, or rename it or view the
file properties.

wat shud i do in order to delete it.. any suggestion is welcome.

Pls help me ppl !!
Thanks.

--
akshatm
Bob

Re: Cannot delete file !! Help
Try this freeware.

http://www.fileshredder.org/

"akshatm" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> im working on vista home premium 32bit.
> i downloaded a flv file which seems to be corrupt. now a cannot delete
> the file.. i tried deleteing it from the command prompt, tried using the
> software 'eraser'. i cant even move the file, or rename it or view the
> file properties.
>
> wat shud i do in order to delete it.. any suggestion is welcome.
>
> Pls help me ppl !!
> Thanks.
>

> --
> akshatm

Steve0

Re: Cannot delete file !! Help

If that doesn't work restart the computer in safe mode and try

also go--> run -->msconfig and turn off all programs that start up
then once you start your computer with almost 0 programs runnign try
to delete it

it would help if you showed us the error message
does it say it is in use?

--
Steve0
akshatm

Re: Cannot delete file !! Help

'fileshredder' does not work. the application itself 'stops responding'.
there are no error messages. after i press 'delete' or 'shift+delete',
it doesnt even show a confirmation dialogue box.
a "deleting" dialogue box appears, and the progress bar doesnt move
ahead.

--
akshatm
Bob

Re: Cannot delete file !! Help
Did you run System Restore?

Did you try to delete the file in Safe Mode?

Please include the message you are responding to.

> 'fileshredder' does not work. the application itself 'stops responding'.
> there are no error messages. after i press 'delete' or 'shift+delete',
> it doesnt even show a confirmation dialogue box.
> a "deleting" dialogue box appears, and the progress bar doesnt move
> ahead.
>

> --
> akshatm

R. C. White

Re: Cannot delete file !! Help
Hi, akshatm.

In the Command Prompt window, use the Dir command with the /x parameter to
show you the 8.3 filename. Then delete that filename.

If it doesn't work, please post back exactly what you did and exactly
(verbatim) any error message or other response that appeared. Also, please
tell us the exact name of the problem file, including the extension - and
the 8.3 filename. Also, what does the dir /a command tell you?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"akshatm" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> im working on vista home premium 32bit.
> i downloaded a flv file which seems to be corrupt. now a cannot delete
> the file.. i tried deleteing it from the command prompt, tried using the
> software 'eraser'. i cant even move the file, or rename it or view the
> file properties.
>
> wat shud i do in order to delete it.. any suggestion is welcome.
>
> Pls help me ppl !!
> Thanks.
>

> --
> akshatm

Bob

Re: Cannot delete file !! Help
After finding it the OP might use attrib - before trying to delete it.