E-Mail storage

Eugene J.

E-Mail storage
I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a back-up
disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive?
Thanks for any help

Bruce Chambers

Re: E-Mail storage
Eugene J. wrote:
> I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a
> back-up disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive?
> Thanks for any help

That would depend entirely upon which specific email client application
you use, and where you configured it to save its data files.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Eugene J.

Re: E-Mail storage
Bruce - Thanks for the prompt response. I am using Microsoft Office Outlook
and I do not recall configuring it to save files in any particular place.
The files I need were moved to a folder that was part of the "In Box". Does
this help?

Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
> Eugene J. wrote:
>> I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a
>> back-up disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive?
>> Thanks for any help

> That would depend entirely upon which specific email client application
> you use, and where you configured it to save its data files.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
> Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

The

Malke

Re: E-Mail storage
Eugene J. wrote:

> Bruce - Thanks for the prompt response. I am using Microsoft Office
> Outlook and I do not recall configuring it to save files in any particular
> place. The files I need were moved to a folder that was part of the "In
> Box". Does this help?
>

> Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>> Eugene J. wrote:
>>> I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a
>>> back-up disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive?
>>> Thanks for any help

>> That would depend entirely upon which specific email client application
>> you use, and where you configured it to save its data files.

Outlook saves its data in .pst files. Since we don't know what backup program
you used (if any) or how your backup disk is structured, we can't possibly
know where your .pst file is on the disk. Do a search for *.pst.

This website will help you get the email back into your current Outlook
program:

http://www.slipstick.com

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

DL

Re: E-Mail storage
If you backed up to disk it would depend how you backed up, and whether you
backed up the Outlook Data Files.
Whatever you try you dont restore backed up outlook data files to the
default outlook data location, at least on the limited info you have given.

Anyway its little to do with Vista, and should be posted, giving detailed
info, to an outlook group

"Eugene J." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Bruce - Thanks for the prompt response. I am using Microsoft Office
> Outlook and I do not recall configuring it to save files in any particular
> place. The files I need were moved to a folder that was part of the "In
> Box". Does this help?
>

> Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>> Eugene J. wrote:
>>> I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a
>>> back-up disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive?
>>> Thanks for any help

>> That would depend entirely upon which specific email client application
>> you use, and where you configured it to save its data files.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375
>>
>> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
>>
>> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
>> Russell
>>
>> The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
>> killed a great many philosophers.
>> ~ Denis Diderot

> The

Louie Pham

Re: E-Mail storage
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:19:06 -0400, "Eugene J."
<Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a back-up
>disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive?
>Thanks for any help

It is under: c:\users\user_name\AppData\local\Microsoft\Outlook .