Missing Torrent Files

wiz100

Missing Torrent Files

Hi, I seem to be having a problem with Bitlord after a file has been
downloaded. It seems, according to windows explorer and windows search,
the files I download via torrents are non-existant.

I've done a manual search of the directory as well as the automated F3
way. The files are simply not there. Other forms of downloading work
perfectly well so I would guess this is only related to torrent files or
is some sort of glitch in Vista.

Could someone shed some light on why the files may not be showing up?
No, I am not crazy and I have tested several torrents to ensure this is
not a case of partial download. It is also not possible, given the
searches and personal check of the download settings on Bitlord, that I
may have been downloading files to a different directory. The standard
\program files\bitlord\downloads is in effect.

--
wiz100
wiz100

Re: Missing Torrent Files

When I right click on the torrent in Bitlord and go to properties->
browse I can clearly see the files ARE in the download directory. It
gets stranger though, when I copy the file from here and attempt to
paste it into C:, it says "cannot locate file". I then click properties
in the bitlord browse screen to see what the folder size and it says 1GB
which means the files I downloaded ARE there. I'll post screenshots in
case any of this is convoluted.

--
wiz100
wiz100

Re: Missing Torrent Files

[image: http://i29.tinypic.com/24osj6f.jpg]

[image: http://i31.tinypic.com/2ns5ssk.jpg]

--
wiz100
wiz100

Re: Missing Torrent Files

Sollllllllllllllved. There's a button that says "compatibility files" in
teh explorer window. Click it.

--
wiz100
Elizabeth Wegener

Re: Missing Torrent Files
Mine dances around the file pastes also. It is that good, oldfashioned power
of the program that is so challenging. Vista Home Basic.
"wiz100" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> When I right click on the torrent in Bitlord and go to properties->
> browse I can clearly see the files ARE in the download directory. It
> gets stranger though, when I copy the file from here and attempt to
> paste it into C:, it says "cannot locate file". I then click properties
> in the bitlord browse screen to see what the folder size and it says 1GB
> which means the files I downloaded ARE there. I'll post screenshots in
> case any of this is convoluted.
>

> --
> wiz100

Synnastyr is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Missing Torrent Files
Clicking the compatibility files button worked until that button disappeared on me. Now what?