Default for Compressing Files

jessicazaq

When we got the computer the default icon and action for zipped files
was unzipping it, extracting it to regular files. With a broken mouse
and two puppies running around, clicking things that I don't want comes
easily -- I managed to give myself a new default for unzipping my files
and now, I can't get into anything. Is there anyway I can restore it
back to the way it was or do something so I can unzip once more?

I'm not even sure what I'm searching for when I look for the old
program because I don't know what it's called. And before anyone says
anything, yeah, I've looked up WinZip ...my computer doesn't have it.

--
jessicazaq
St

Re: Default for Compressing Files
"jessicazaq" <guest@unknown-email.com> ???????(?) ? ????????
?????????:0b107e610e36758a26ad68a59dc64ea9@nntp-gateway.com...

> When we got the computer the default icon and action for zipped files
> was unzipping it, extracting it to regular files. With a broken mouse
> and two puppies running around, clicking things that I don't want comes
> easily -- I managed to give myself a new default for unzipping my files
> and now, I can't get into anything. Is there anyway I can restore it
> back to the way it was or do something so I can unzip once more?
>
> I'm not even sure what I'm searching for when I look for the old
> program because I don't know what it's called. And before anyone says
> anything, yeah, I've looked up WinZip ...my computer doesn't have it.

Try to use 'Windows Explorer' in Open With dialog.

Tom Ferguson

Re: Default for Compressing Files
Navigate to

Windows Orb (bottom left on the end of the status bar)
Left mouse click.

Left click Help and Support on the right side list.

Type "file open default" in the slot. Click on the small magnifying glass
icon on the right.

Clock on the top choice in the resulting list box. Follow the prompts to
make a choice.

Tom